June 2009 – AggBeat
Bill to reform OSHA introduced
Rep. Lynn Woolsey (D-Calif.), chairwoman of the House Subcommittee on Workforce Protections, recently introduced the Protecting America’s Workers Act, which would amend the Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA) and raise civil and criminal penalties for violators. According to the NSSGA’s eDigest & Washington Watch, this marks an escalation in the effort to tighten the enforcement practices of OSHA. OSHA is also hiring more inspectors and launching a new program to intensify enforcement on negligent employers.
Chaney Enterprises was granted the 2009 Alliance for Workplace Excellence Award in March. The award highlights businesses that promote professional fulfillment and personal wellness at work, home, and in the community.
York Hill Trap Quarry Co.‘s vice president, Ric Suzio, was named the 2009 recipient of the Mark S. Walsh Leadership Award and honored at the NSSGA Young Leaders Annual Meeting. The award is presented to one active individual each year on the Young Leaders Council that exemplifies the leadership traits of professionalism, enthusiasm, and commitment, and whose efforts to improve and develop the image and programs of the Young Leaders are in keeping with the example set forth by the award.
MORE FROM AggBeat
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Former gravel quarry-turned-landfill transforms into nature reserve518 Views
- North Carolina grants Martin Marietta water quality certification for limestone quarry255 Views
- Vulcan-blocking bill dies in Alabama legislature247 Views
- Road restrictions may stop quarry construction in Kentucky212 Views
- Two suspects charged with arson in Jack’s Mountain Quarry case in Virginia126 Views