Kenworth announces new T680 aerodynamic tractor
Today at the Mid-America Trucking Show, Kenworth announced the all-new T680 tractor, a truck the company is calling its most aerodynamic truck ever. Highlights of the truck include a lower total cost of ownership. The T680 is designed for 1.5 million mile vehicle life, and features a 10-percent more aerodynamic performance and 5 percent more fuel efficiency compared to the T660. The tractor is made from lightweight stamped aluminum for reduced weight and an easy-to-service design.
For the driver, the T680 features bi-xenon forward lighting, a 30-percent larger door and 40-percent quieter interior environment. Perhaps the most innovative interior cab feature is the rotating passenger seat that allows for a much larger work/live environment for the driver.
The T680 interior also features 65 percent more storage, an the 83-inch-wide cab allows for a full 2 feet of space between seats.
T680 production begins May 21.
In other news, Kenworth announced a 14.1 percent Class 8 marketshare in 2011, up from 12 percent in 2010. 2012 market share YTD is 15.8 percent through February. 20,000 Paccar MX engine installations and 6,000 in backlog.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- House of Representatives passes bill blocking EPA's new Waters of the U.S. rule400 Views
- The Labor Department is auditing MSHA for allegedly failing to collect penalty fines390 Views
- Cat introduces larger sizes of its Tier 4 Final articulated trucks361 Views
- Lafarge CEO awarded $2.78 million bonus for 'key role' in merger354 Views
- Caterpillar intros 336F L XE hybrid excavator: smart pumps, boom work faster, burn less fuel (PHOTOS)315 Views