Kenworth announces new T680 aerodynamic tractor
Today at the Mid-America Trucking Show, Kenworth announced the all-new T680 tractor, a truck the company is calling its most aerodynamic truck ever. Highlights of the truck include a lower total cost of ownership. The T680 is designed for 1.5 million mile vehicle life, and features a 10-percent more aerodynamic performance and 5 percent more fuel efficiency compared to the T660. The tractor is made from lightweight stamped aluminum for reduced weight and an easy-to-service design.
For the driver, the T680 features bi-xenon forward lighting, a 30-percent larger door and 40-percent quieter interior environment. Perhaps the most innovative interior cab feature is the rotating passenger seat that allows for a much larger work/live environment for the driver.
The T680 interior also features 65 percent more storage, an the 83-inch-wide cab allows for a full 2 feet of space between seats.
T680 production begins May 21.
In other news, Kenworth announced a 14.1 percent Class 8 marketshare in 2011, up from 12 percent in 2010. 2012 market share YTD is 15.8 percent through February. 20,000 Paccar MX engine installations and 6,000 in backlog.
From our partners
The new Sandvik Ranger surface drill rig offers renowned drilling efficiency with up to 20% lower fuel consumption
Known to many by their former name, Ranger, Sandvik’s DX series surface…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
Manufacturer news: McLanahan hosts first Frac Sand Processing School in Wisconsin; The Volvo Group sponsors Ocean Summit on Marine Debris; CEMA publishes 7th Edition Belt Conveyors for Bulk Materials; Superior Industries acquires Clemro Western Ltd.; Metso launches new global website; Xylem launches new online interactive dewatering platform; Eriez offers 5-Star Service Program; JCB Finance enters partnership with Bank of the West
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Lower oil prices send mixed signals to frac sand producers293 Views
- Legislation stopping proposed Waters of the U.S. rule passes Transportation and Infrastructure committee with bipartisan support178 Views
- Bipartisan highway bill would tie federal gas tax to inflation, create transportation commission177 Views
- Lafarge and Holcim announce U.S. asset divestments required by Federal Trade Commission for merger142 Views
- Eagle Scout project rebuilds DeSoto State Park hiking trail from stone found in old quarry at park140 Views