Kenworth announces new T680 aerodynamic tractor
Today at the Mid-America Trucking Show, Kenworth announced the all-new T680 tractor, a truck the company is calling its most aerodynamic truck ever. Highlights of the truck include a lower total cost of ownership. The T680 is designed for 1.5 million mile vehicle life, and features a 10-percent more aerodynamic performance and 5 percent more fuel efficiency compared to the T660. The tractor is made from lightweight stamped aluminum for reduced weight and an easy-to-service design.
For the driver, the T680 features bi-xenon forward lighting, a 30-percent larger door and 40-percent quieter interior environment. Perhaps the most innovative interior cab feature is the rotating passenger seat that allows for a much larger work/live environment for the driver.
The T680 interior also features 65 percent more storage, an the 83-inch-wide cab allows for a full 2 feet of space between seats.
T680 production begins May 21.
In other news, Kenworth announced a 14.1 percent Class 8 marketshare in 2011, up from 12 percent in 2010. 2012 market share YTD is 15.8 percent through February. 20,000 Paccar MX engine installations and 6,000 in backlog.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Rock and Bowl: Graniterock helps make the Super Bowl a success625 Views
- Aggregates industry leader Bob Bartlett dies479 Views
- Miner seriously injured after articulated haul truck overturned473 Views
- Obama says now is time to raise gas tax with oil prices plummeting460 Views
- Stockpile Reports launches bin and bunker measurement for stockpiled materials via iPhone, drone245 Views