Kenworth announces new T680 aerodynamic tractor
Today at the Mid-America Trucking Show, Kenworth announced the all-new T680 tractor, a truck the company is calling its most aerodynamic truck ever. Highlights of the truck include a lower total cost of ownership. The T680 is designed for 1.5 million mile vehicle life, and features a 10-percent more aerodynamic performance and 5 percent more fuel efficiency compared to the T660. The tractor is made from lightweight stamped aluminum for reduced weight and an easy-to-service design.
For the driver, the T680 features bi-xenon forward lighting, a 30-percent larger door and 40-percent quieter interior environment. Perhaps the most innovative interior cab feature is the rotating passenger seat that allows for a much larger work/live environment for the driver.
The T680 interior also features 65 percent more storage, an the 83-inch-wide cab allows for a full 2 feet of space between seats.
T680 production begins May 21.
In other news, Kenworth announced a 14.1 percent Class 8 marketshare in 2011, up from 12 percent in 2010. 2012 market share YTD is 15.8 percent through February. 20,000 Paccar MX engine installations and 6,000 in backlog.
From our partners
The new Sandvik Ranger surface drill rig offers renowned drilling efficiency with up to 20% lower fuel consumption
Known to many by their former name, Ranger, Sandvik’s DX series surface top hammer drill rigs all feature a revolving…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- A set of dinosaur footprints were found in a German quarry630 Views
- A Game of Stones: Quarry set location of 'The Wall' in HBO show could become a permanent attraction515 Views
- A miner was seriously injured after a metal walkway gave way424 Views
- The U.S. saw an increase in construction aggregates in the second quarter401 Views
- Summit Materials acquires Utah construction materials company388 Views