Kevin Keith new Missouri DOT director
The Missouri Highways and Transportation Commission (MHTC) has selected Kevin Keith as director of the Missouri Department of Transportation (MoDOT). Keith has served as the department’s interim director since April and has been chief engineer of MoDOT for nine years. He has been with the department for more than 25 years.
“Kevin Keith is a proven leader,” said MHTC Chairman Rudy Farber in a written press statement. “He has been instrumental in the dramatic improvement of MoDOT and has been recognized for his innovative leadership at the national level. We have full confidence in his ability to tackle the significant transportation challenges Missouri faces in the coming years.”
Keith is nationally recognized for his innovative efforts implementing “Practical Design” a no-frills approach enabling MoDOT to satisfy customer needs while saving money to put toward more transportation improvements. Practical Design has saved Missouri taxpayers more than $1 billion and has been adopted in numerous other states.
Before becoming chief engineer, he served as transportation planning director and, prior to that, as district engineer for MoDOT’s Northwest District headquartered in St. Joseph. He has also worked in Branson, St. Louis and Chillicothe during his tenure with MoDOT.
From our partners
Developing a solid relationship with Demolition Technologies Specialized Services enables Crushing Tigers…
MORE FROM Manufacturers News
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- MSHA issues citations to five metal/non-metal mines during impact inspections in February446 Views
- Holcim shareholders threaten merger plans with Lafarge…again320 Views
- California woman killed when gravel truck tips over on her car210 Views
- Caterpillar intros 735C, 740C EJ, 745C articulated trucks with bevy of powertrain improvements (PHOTOS)172 Views
- Senate rejects amendment seeking to fund infrastructure by closing corporate tax loophole152 Views