Kevin Keith new Missouri DOT director
The Missouri Highways and Transportation Commission (MHTC) has selected Kevin Keith as director of the Missouri Department of Transportation (MoDOT). Keith has served as the department’s interim director since April and has been chief engineer of MoDOT for nine years. He has been with the department for more than 25 years.
“Kevin Keith is a proven leader,” said MHTC Chairman Rudy Farber in a written press statement. “He has been instrumental in the dramatic improvement of MoDOT and has been recognized for his innovative leadership at the national level. We have full confidence in his ability to tackle the significant transportation challenges Missouri faces in the coming years.”
Keith is nationally recognized for his innovative efforts implementing “Practical Design” a no-frills approach enabling MoDOT to satisfy customer needs while saving money to put toward more transportation improvements. Practical Design has saved Missouri taxpayers more than $1 billion and has been adopted in numerous other states.
Before becoming chief engineer, he served as transportation planning director and, prior to that, as district engineer for MoDOT’s Northwest District headquartered in St. Joseph. He has also worked in Branson, St. Louis and Chillicothe during his tenure with MoDOT.
From our partners
MORE FROM Manufacturers News
Manufacturer news: McLanahan hosts first Frac Sand Processing School in Wisconsin; The Volvo Group sponsors Ocean Summit on Marine Debris; CEMA publishes 7th Edition Belt Conveyors for Bulk Materials; Superior Industries acquires Clemro Western Ltd.; Metso launches new global website; Xylem launches new online interactive dewatering platform; Eriez offers 5-Star Service Program; JCB Finance enters partnership with Bank of the West
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Lower oil prices send mixed signals to frac sand producers294 Views
- Legislation stopping proposed Waters of the U.S. rule passes Transportation and Infrastructure committee with bipartisan support178 Views
- Bipartisan highway bill would tie federal gas tax to inflation, create transportation commission177 Views
- Lafarge and Holcim announce U.S. asset divestments required by Federal Trade Commission for merger142 Views
- Eagle Scout project rebuilds DeSoto State Park hiking trail from stone found in old quarry at park142 Views