Kevin Keith new Missouri DOT director
The Missouri Highways and Transportation Commission (MHTC) has selected Kevin Keith as director of the Missouri Department of Transportation (MoDOT). Keith has served as the department’s interim director since April and has been chief engineer of MoDOT for nine years. He has been with the department for more than 25 years.
“Kevin Keith is a proven leader,” said MHTC Chairman Rudy Farber in a written press statement. “He has been instrumental in the dramatic improvement of MoDOT and has been recognized for his innovative leadership at the national level. We have full confidence in his ability to tackle the significant transportation challenges Missouri faces in the coming years.”
Keith is nationally recognized for his innovative efforts implementing “Practical Design” a no-frills approach enabling MoDOT to satisfy customer needs while saving money to put toward more transportation improvements. Practical Design has saved Missouri taxpayers more than $1 billion and has been adopted in numerous other states.
Before becoming chief engineer, he served as transportation planning director and, prior to that, as district engineer for MoDOT’s Northwest District headquartered in St. Joseph. He has also worked in Branson, St. Louis and Chillicothe during his tenure with MoDOT.
From our partners
MORE FROM Manufacturers News
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- U.S. Concrete purchases a New Jersey aggregate operation388 Views
- Southwest Rock Products' Queen Creek plant wins Top Operations contest372 Views
- Thieves derail train in Mexico to steal 70 tons of cement340 Views
- MSHA gives out $8.4 million to 47 states for mine safety and health training334 Views
- Hanson Building Products acquires Minnesota concrete company295 Views