Keynote panel at SME’s Annual Meeting to address mining partnerships
The session, “Community Engagement: Building Partnerships for Mining,” will be moderated by a panel of experts who represent non-government organizations (NGOs) and mining companies that aim for a social, economic and environmental balance in mine development.
Among NGOs and companies represented are:
The International Council on Mining and Metals
The Wildlife Habitat Council
Newmont Mining Corp.
Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold
The International Finance Corporation of the World Bank
The session will consider the opportunities and benefits of extraction, processing, the use of minerals and metals and look at the economic, social and environmental costs and risks of doing so.
In addition to the keynote session, the SME Annual Meeting will feature more than 90 technical sessions; more than 750 exhibitors, committee meetings and division luncheons; the SME Annual Awards Banquet; and the SME Foundation Winter Fest Dinner Gala.
For more details, or to register, visit smenet.org.
From our partners
Developing a solid relationship with Demolition Technologies Specialized Services enables Crushing Tigers…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Worker airlifted to hospital after accident with rock crusher503 Views
- Unexpected sand and gravel causes rollover accident348 Views
- Buffalo Crushed Stone cited for pollution177 Views
- Eliminate the fat and increase profits through lean processing175 Views
- Don't drink and drive...that includes your wheel loader!157 Views