Keynote panel at SME’s Annual Meeting to address mining partnerships
The session, “Community Engagement: Building Partnerships for Mining,” will be moderated by a panel of experts who represent non-government organizations (NGOs) and mining companies that aim for a social, economic and environmental balance in mine development.
Among NGOs and companies represented are:
The International Council on Mining and Metals
The Wildlife Habitat Council
Newmont Mining Corp.
Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold
The International Finance Corporation of the World Bank
The session will consider the opportunities and benefits of extraction, processing, the use of minerals and metals and look at the economic, social and environmental costs and risks of doing so.
In addition to the keynote session, the SME Annual Meeting will feature more than 90 technical sessions; more than 750 exhibitors, committee meetings and division luncheons; the SME Annual Awards Banquet; and the SME Foundation Winter Fest Dinner Gala.
For more details, or to register, visit smenet.org.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- MSHA releases report on electrical fatality at crushed stone operation602 Views
- PHOTOS: Cat introduces new track drill411 Views
- Mike Rowe talks about the dirty topic of educating future workers359 Views
- Caterpillar highlights equipment and connectivity at ConExpo-Con/Agg272 Views
- Rod Martin receives AggMan of the Year 2013 Award167 Views