Keynote panel at SME’s Annual Meeting to address mining partnerships
The session, “Community Engagement: Building Partnerships for Mining,” will be moderated by a panel of experts who represent non-government organizations (NGOs) and mining companies that aim for a social, economic and environmental balance in mine development.
Among NGOs and companies represented are:
The International Council on Mining and Metals
The Wildlife Habitat Council
Newmont Mining Corp.
Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold
The International Finance Corporation of the World Bank
The session will consider the opportunities and benefits of extraction, processing, the use of minerals and metals and look at the economic, social and environmental costs and risks of doing so.
In addition to the keynote session, the SME Annual Meeting will feature more than 90 technical sessions; more than 750 exhibitors, committee meetings and division luncheons; the SME Annual Awards Banquet; and the SME Foundation Winter Fest Dinner Gala.
For more details, or to register, visit smenet.org.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction’s extensive range of rock tools are world renowned for combining advanced materials technology, with skillful design focusing on…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Caterpillar closes headquarters of global mining division, moves jobs to different facility916 Views
- Metal and nonmetal mines get a total of 61 citations during August MSHA inspections453 Views
- Southwest Rock Products' Queen Creek plant wins Top Operations contest390 Views
- Hanson Building Products acquires Minnesota concrete company377 Views
- Frac sand 101: What does it take to enter the high-value frac sand market and what does it mean for aggregate producers?312 Views