Keynote panel at SME’s Annual Meeting to address mining partnerships
The session, “Community Engagement: Building Partnerships for Mining,” will be moderated by a panel of experts who represent non-government organizations (NGOs) and mining companies that aim for a social, economic and environmental balance in mine development.
Among NGOs and companies represented are:
The International Council on Mining and Metals
The Wildlife Habitat Council
Newmont Mining Corp.
Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold
The International Finance Corporation of the World Bank
The session will consider the opportunities and benefits of extraction, processing, the use of minerals and metals and look at the economic, social and environmental costs and risks of doing so.
In addition to the keynote session, the SME Annual Meeting will feature more than 90 technical sessions; more than 750 exhibitors, committee meetings and division luncheons; the SME Annual Awards Banquet; and the SME Foundation Winter Fest Dinner Gala.
For more details, or to register, visit smenet.org.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS: Caterpillar unveils new 3-tower HQ campus spanning 6 city blocks in Peoria (VIDEO)347 Views
- Quarry worker safety is a big deal in the U.S., but not everywhere in the world307 Views
- Historical aggregate landmark disappears into Lake Superior207 Views
- Caterpillar “Built For It” Trials video: Cat generator powers Lantern Festival in China’s Yuhu Village148 Views
- Aggregate production up 7 percent in 2014131 Views