Keynote panel at SME’s Annual Meeting to address mining partnerships
The session, “Community Engagement: Building Partnerships for Mining,” will be moderated by a panel of experts who represent non-government organizations (NGOs) and mining companies that aim for a social, economic and environmental balance in mine development.
Among NGOs and companies represented are:
The International Council on Mining and Metals
The Wildlife Habitat Council
Newmont Mining Corp.
Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold
The International Finance Corporation of the World Bank
The session will consider the opportunities and benefits of extraction, processing, the use of minerals and metals and look at the economic, social and environmental costs and risks of doing so.
In addition to the keynote session, the SME Annual Meeting will feature more than 90 technical sessions; more than 750 exhibitors, committee meetings and division luncheons; the SME Annual Awards Banquet; and the SME Foundation Winter Fest Dinner Gala.
For more details, or to register, visit smenet.org.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Two teens dead after falling through ice at quarry745 Views
- CRH emerges as frontrunner for Holcim and Lafarge assets552 Views
- MSHA files more discrimination complaints in 2014 than any other year309 Views
- Caterpillar full-year earnings dip with bad 4Q; 2015 doesn't look good either280 Views
- A. Colarusso and Son acquires Holcim land in NY137 Views