King County buys Maury Island gravel mine
King County has agreed to buy a gravel mine on Maury Island in the Puget Sound for $36 million and turn the site into a county park, ending years of dispute about the mine’s expansion, the Associated Press (AP) reports.
Glacier Northwest, a subsidiary of the CalPortland Co., for more than a decade has planned to mine up to 2 million tons of sand and gravel a year, the AP reports.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction launches the newly developed CH540 cone crusher - the latest crusher in a market-leading series. The all new…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Metal and nonmetal mines get a total of 61 citations during August MSHA inspections460 Views
- Southwest Rock Products' Queen Creek plant wins Top Operations contest389 Views
- Hanson Building Products acquires Minnesota concrete company333 Views
- Caterpillar closes headquarters of global mining division, moves jobs to different facility321 Views
- Frac sand 101: What does it take to enter the high-value frac sand market and what does it mean for aggregate producers?312 Views