King County buys Maury Island gravel mine
King County has agreed to buy a gravel mine on Maury Island in the Puget Sound for $36 million and turn the site into a county park, ending years of dispute about the mine’s expansion, the Associated Press (AP) reports.
Glacier Northwest, a subsidiary of the CalPortland Co., for more than a decade has planned to mine up to 2 million tons of sand and gravel a year, the AP reports.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction’s extensive range of rock tools are world renowned for combining…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Two teens dead after falling through ice at quarry743 Views
- CRH emerges as frontrunner for Holcim and Lafarge assets520 Views
- Caterpillar full-year earnings dip with bad 4Q; 2015 doesn't look good either273 Views
- MSHA files more discrimination complaints in 2014 than any other year223 Views
- More sand coming to Carlsbad beaches192 Views