King County buys Maury Island gravel mine
King County has agreed to buy a gravel mine on Maury Island in the Puget Sound for $36 million and turn the site into a county park, ending years of dispute about the mine’s expansion, the Associated Press (AP) reports.
Glacier Northwest, a subsidiary of the CalPortland Co., for more than a decade has planned to mine up to 2 million tons of sand and gravel a year, the AP reports.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction launches the newly developed CH540 cone crusher - the latest…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS: Rock & Run 2014 was full of fun for everyone628 Views
- Mine expansion leaving MnDOT up a creek without a paddle422 Views
- OSHA cites Nebraska sand and gravel company345 Views
- How to stay safe while working with a small or short-handed crew160 Views
- The Underground World Wide Web: A new use for abandoned mines155 Views