Knife River operations pick up more than $41 million in new work
Knife River – Central Minnesota, based in Sauk Rapids, Minn., was the low bidder on a $14.3 million job in Minnesota’s Renville and McLeod Counties to complete a lengthy reconstruct and hot-mix asphalt overlay on Minnesota Truck Highway 212.
Knife River’s newest division, the Yellowstone Division in Billings, Mont., was the low bidder on a Montana DOT project to reconstruct approximately four miles of highway nearly 50 miles southwest of Billings, Mont. Knife River’s bid was $7.7 million.
The Yellowstone Division is in its first year of a six-year Montana Department of Environmental Quality project to reclaim a 35-acre area north of Yellowstone National Park containing nearly 300,000 tons of abandoned gold tailings.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Obama proposes $10-per-barrel tax on oil production752 Views
- Rock and Bowl: Graniterock helps make the Super Bowl a success612 Views
- Aggregates industry leader Bob Bartlett dies451 Views
- Obama says now is time to raise gas tax with oil prices plummeting441 Views
- Miner seriously injured after articulated haul truck overturned361 Views