Komatsu America Corp. Introduces the WA1200-6 Wheel Loader
Meets EPA Tier 2 Emissions Regulation With More Horse Power, Reliability, Durability, Lower Fuel Consumption, Increased Productivity, Enhanced Operator Cab and Easier Maintenance
- 1892 Gross HP (SAE J1995), 1765 Net HP (SAE J1349) @ 1800 rpm
- Engine RPM control system with auto deceleration
- New variable transmission cut-off system
- New dual-mode active working hydraulic system
- Additional torque converter cooler
- Increased hydraulic cooling capacity
- Extended service intervals
Rolling Meadows, IL, September 8, 2010 – Komatsu America Corp. (KAC) today introduced its new WA1200-6 Wheel Loader for use in mining applications. Based on extensive customer input and feedback, the new loader includes environmental, technological and ergonomic enhancements for even greater productivity, while lowering operating costs.
The new WA1200-6 is powered by a highly-efficient Komatsu SAADA16V160E-2 engine that delivers 1892 Gross HP at 1800 RPM. With an operating weight of 477,100 lbs., the new loader offers increased fuel efficiency, while meeting all EPA Tier 2 emissions requirements.
Special features of the WA1200-6 include:
- Productivity Performance
The engine net output of the WA1200-6 has been increased by 132 HP to 1765 HP at 1800 RPM. The use of an electronic governor results in low fuel consumption, with quick throttle response to match the machine’s powerful tractive effort and fast hydraulic response.
The new dual-mode active working hydraulic system allows the operator to select between normal and powerful loading, while the optimum oil flow in the working system increases efficiency and reduces cycle times. Increased engine output and the optimized hydraulic system provide outstanding production and performance.
- Operator Enhancements
The engine RPM control system with auto deceleration allows the operator to set the engine RPM at the optimum work performance level and control speed smoothly with the accelerator. The variable transmission cut-off system for the left brake pedal is adjustable by a switch at the operator’s seat. When loading, the low setting reduces brake impact to prevent spillage, while the high setting can be used for traveling.
- Improved Reliability and Durability
An additional torque converter cooler was added as standard equipment to reduce oil temperature and increase cooling capacity. For hydraulic cooling, a new pump with increased oil capacity was added and the circulation was revised to lower oil temperature. Two additional air cleaners were added and the size of the elements increased to 15 inches for more capacity.
Komatsu America Corp. is a U.S. subsidiary of Komatsu Ltd., which is the world’s second largest manufacturer and supplier of construction, mining and compact construction equipment. Komatsu America also serves forklift and forestry markets. Through its distributor network, Komatsu offers a state-of-the-art parts and service program to support the equipment. Komatsu has proudly been providing high-quality reliable products for nearly a century. Visit the website at www.komatsuamerica.com for more information.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction’s extensive range of rock tools are world renowned for combining advanced materials technology, with skillful design focusing on…
MORE FROM Articles
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS: Reclamation photo contest entries showcase post-mining opportunities445 Views
- Loader operator dies after sand avalanche at Massachusetts sand and gravel company410 Views
- A total of 27 states have sued the Obama administration over the new EPA water rule377 Views
- The final Waters of the U.S. rule has been released to the Federal Register374 Views
- Location is key for Dolese Bros. Co.'s Davis Quarry366 Views