Komatsu America: Increases power, decreases fuel consumption
Komatsu America Corp.’s PC290LC-10 hydraulic excavator 10 is powered by a Komatsu SAA6D107E-2 engine and is EPA Tier 4 Interim and EU Stage 3B emissions certified. It has a 196-horsepower flywheel and is built on a Tier 3 engine platform.
The environmentally friendly engine is said to increase power while decreasing fuel consumption. Weighing in at 68,000 pounds, the PC290LC-10 is equipped with the latest Komtrax technology. The technology sends machine operating information to a secure Web site using wireless technology.
Data such as operating hours, location, cautions, and maintenance alerts are relayed to the Web application for analysis. The Komtrax fleet monitoring system monitors machine availability, reduces the risk of machine theft, and allows for remote diagnosis by the distributor.
From our partners
The new Sandvik Ranger surface drill rig offers renowned drilling efficiency with up to 20% lower fuel consumption
Known to many by their former name, Ranger, Sandvik’s DX series surface top hammer drill rigs all feature a revolving…
MORE FROM Articles
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Quarry explosion damages homes and cars and injures one person1001 Views
- Lafarge CEO awarded $2.78 million bonus for 'key role' in merger396 Views
- Caterpillar intros 336F L XE hybrid excavator: smart pumps, boom work faster, burn less fuel (PHOTOS)345 Views
- Vulcan Materials conducts blast for the 'Mayan steps' restoration294 Views
- Lafarge, Holcim announce job cuts ahead of merger242 Views