Komatsu commemorates production of 930th Ultra Class 930E Electric Drive Truck for mining
Komatsu America Corp. today commemorated the production of the 930th unit of its Ultra Class 930E Electric Drive Truck, used for mining operations.
Introduced in 1996, there currently are fleets of 930s located in North America, South America, Africa, Asia and Australia. Collahuasi, a 14-year customer of Komatsu with over 40 trucks at one site, will be receiving unit number 930. With 30 percent of all 930s produced, Chile has the largest concentration of Komatsu 930Es on the planet.
The celebration took place at the company’s Peoria, Ill., manufacturing operation where Komatsu designs and builds the 930E electric drive truck.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction launches the newly developed CH540 cone crusher - the latest crusher in a market-leading series. The all new…
MORE FROM Manufacturers News
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS: Reclamation photo contest entries showcase post-mining opportunities593 Views
- Loader operator dies after sand avalanche at Massachusetts sand and gravel company427 Views
- Location is key for Dolese Bros. Co.'s Davis Quarry421 Views
- A total of 27 states have sued the Obama administration over the new EPA water rule388 Views
- Fireworks are being blamed for a fire at a Montana quarry351 Views