Komatsu commemorates production of 930th Ultra Class 930E Electric Drive Truck for mining
Komatsu America Corp. today commemorated the production of the 930th unit of its Ultra Class 930E Electric Drive Truck, used for mining operations.
Introduced in 1996, there currently are fleets of 930s located in North America, South America, Africa, Asia and Australia. Collahuasi, a 14-year customer of Komatsu with over 40 trucks at one site, will be receiving unit number 930. With 30 percent of all 930s produced, Chile has the largest concentration of Komatsu 930Es on the planet.
The celebration took place at the company’s Peoria, Ill., manufacturing operation where Komatsu designs and builds the 930E electric drive truck.
From our partners
MORE FROM Manufacturers News
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- MSHA issues citations to five metal/non-metal mines during impact inspections in February421 Views
- Holcim shareholders threaten merger plans with Lafarge…again249 Views
- California woman killed when gravel truck tips over on her car208 Views
- Northern White Sand considers building a rail unloading facility in Carlsbad162 Views
- Caterpillar intros 735C, 740C EJ, 745C articulated trucks with bevy of powertrain improvements (PHOTOS)162 Views