Komatsu commemorates production of 930th Ultra Class 930E Electric Drive Truck for mining
Komatsu America Corp. today commemorated the production of the 930th unit of its Ultra Class 930E Electric Drive Truck, used for mining operations.
Introduced in 1996, there currently are fleets of 930s located in North America, South America, Africa, Asia and Australia. Collahuasi, a 14-year customer of Komatsu with over 40 trucks at one site, will be receiving unit number 930. With 30 percent of all 930s produced, Chile has the largest concentration of Komatsu 930Es on the planet.
The celebration took place at the company’s Peoria, Ill., manufacturing operation where Komatsu designs and builds the 930E electric drive truck.
From our partners
MORE FROM Manufacturers News
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Caterpillar closes headquarters of global mining division, moves jobs to different facility910 Views
- Metal and nonmetal mines get a total of 61 citations during August MSHA inspections453 Views
- Southwest Rock Products' Queen Creek plant wins Top Operations contest390 Views
- Hanson Building Products acquires Minnesota concrete company377 Views
- Frac sand 101: What does it take to enter the high-value frac sand market and what does it mean for aggregate producers?312 Views