Komatsu commemorates production of 930th Ultra Class 930E Electric Drive Truck for mining
Komatsu America Corp. today commemorated the production of the 930th unit of its Ultra Class 930E Electric Drive Truck, used for mining operations.
Introduced in 1996, there currently are fleets of 930s located in North America, South America, Africa, Asia and Australia. Collahuasi, a 14-year customer of Komatsu with over 40 trucks at one site, will be receiving unit number 930. With 30 percent of all 930s produced, Chile has the largest concentration of Komatsu 930Es on the planet.
The celebration took place at the company’s Peoria, Ill., manufacturing operation where Komatsu designs and builds the 930E electric drive truck.
From our partners
The new Sandvik Ranger surface drill rig offers renowned drilling efficiency with up to 20% lower fuel consumption
Known to many by their former name, Ranger, Sandvik’s DX series surface…
MORE FROM Manufacturers News
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS: Osama bin Laden's family buys famous marble quarry1726 Views
- Four workers survive getting buried alive at sand and gravel plant1137 Views
- Federal judge forces MSHA inspection619 Views
- VIDEO: Worker dangles from excavator hammer 100 feet up389 Views
- Wingra not allowed to mine beneath burial mounds365 Views