Komatsu commemorates production of 930th Ultra Class 930E Electric Drive Truck for mining
Komatsu America Corp. today commemorated the production of the 930th unit of its Ultra Class 930E Electric Drive Truck, used for mining operations.
Introduced in 1996, there currently are fleets of 930s located in North America, South America, Africa, Asia and Australia. Collahuasi, a 14-year customer of Komatsu with over 40 trucks at one site, will be receiving unit number 930. With 30 percent of all 930s produced, Chile has the largest concentration of Komatsu 930Es on the planet.
The celebration took place at the company’s Peoria, Ill., manufacturing operation where Komatsu designs and builds the 930E electric drive truck.
MORE FROM Manufacturers News
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- MSHA Alert: Electrical Safety388 Views
- 25 Days of RollOuts: Caterpillar’s 988K wheel loader201 Views
- U.S. aggregates production rises in Q3 2013194 Views
- Komatsu's WA1200-6 wheel loader offers more horsepower, lower costs193 Views
- 25 Days of RollOuts: Dust Control Technology’s DustBoss DB-100122 Views