Komatsu dozer for mining, heavy construction
Komatsu America Corp. says its new D375A-6 crawler dozer for use in mining and heavy construction was designed following customer input and feedback, and includes technological enhancements for increased productivity. The dozer is powered by a Komatsu SAA6D170E-5 engine with an operating weight of 157,940 pounds.
According to the company, new features and upgrades include:
- A net engine output increase to 636 horsepower at 1,800 revolutions per minute while meeting all EPA Tier 3 emissions requirements, yet a reduction in fuel consumption due to the automatic transmission with lockup torque converter.
- An updated Full-U 28.8-cubic-yard blade for increased production without increasing blade width or reducing digging force; an overall dozing capacity increase without compromising visibility and balance.
- A large multi-lingual user-friendly LCD color multi-monitor to allow the operator to perform work efficiently and accurately; the use of TFT (thin film transistor) for great visibility from various angles and in various lighting conditions; meters, gauges, and warning functions centrally arranged for simple start-up, inspection, and prompt warning of any abnormalities.
- An easy-to-read “eco gauge” on the right side of the multi-monitor screen so the operator can keep the gauge in the green zone for energy-saving operation.
- Sixteen new, standard mining specifications that include high-mounted headlights, battery, and starter isolator box; centralized grease points; manual engine stop switches; and more. Optional mining specifications include right- and left-hand platforms with handrails and HID work lights.
- A variable piston pump that replaces the previous tandem gear pump for efficiency and reliability.
From our partners
The new Sandvik Ranger surface drill rig offers renowned drilling efficiency with up to 20% lower fuel consumption
Known to many by their former name, Ranger, Sandvik’s DX series surface top hammer drill rigs all feature a revolving…
MORE FROM Featured Products
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Mummified human remains found at the site of a planned quarry in Indiana1117 Views
- A quarry worker was found dead in a lake a week after he fell from a floating dredge1031 Views
- MSHA rolls out new Part 50 training program479 Views
- Senate DRIVE Act is a six-year transportation bill with three-year Highway Trust Fund financing guarantee289 Views
- MSHA highlights second quarter metal/non-metal accidents239 Views