Komatsu dozer for mining, heavy construction
Komatsu America Corp. says its new D375A-6 crawler dozer for use in mining and heavy construction was designed following customer input and feedback, and includes technological enhancements for increased productivity. The dozer is powered by a Komatsu SAA6D170E-5 engine with an operating weight of 157,940 pounds.
According to the company, new features and upgrades include:
- A net engine output increase to 636 horsepower at 1,800 revolutions per minute while meeting all EPA Tier 3 emissions requirements, yet a reduction in fuel consumption due to the automatic transmission with lockup torque converter.
- An updated Full-U 28.8-cubic-yard blade for increased production without increasing blade width or reducing digging force; an overall dozing capacity increase without compromising visibility and balance.
- A large multi-lingual user-friendly LCD color multi-monitor to allow the operator to perform work efficiently and accurately; the use of TFT (thin film transistor) for great visibility from various angles and in various lighting conditions; meters, gauges, and warning functions centrally arranged for simple start-up, inspection, and prompt warning of any abnormalities.
- An easy-to-read “eco gauge” on the right side of the multi-monitor screen so the operator can keep the gauge in the green zone for energy-saving operation.
- Sixteen new, standard mining specifications that include high-mounted headlights, battery, and starter isolator box; centralized grease points; manual engine stop switches; and more. Optional mining specifications include right- and left-hand platforms with handrails and HID work lights.
- A variable piston pump that replaces the previous tandem gear pump for efficiency and reliability.
MORE FROM Featured Products
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- MSHA's top 25 most cited standards at stone facilities in 20151103 Views
- Obama proposes $10-per-barrel tax on oil production756 Views
- Rock and Bowl: Graniterock helps make the Super Bowl a success607 Views
- Obama says now is time to raise gas tax with oil prices plummeting433 Views
- Stockpile Reports launches bin and bunker measurement for stockpiled materials via iPhone, drone425 Views