Komatsu dozer for mining, heavy construction
Komatsu America Corp. says its new D375A-6 crawler dozer for use in mining and heavy construction was designed following customer input and feedback, and includes technological enhancements for increased productivity. The dozer is powered by a Komatsu SAA6D170E-5 engine with an operating weight of 157,940 pounds.
According to the company, new features and upgrades include:
- A net engine output increase to 636 horsepower at 1,800 revolutions per minute while meeting all EPA Tier 3 emissions requirements, yet a reduction in fuel consumption due to the automatic transmission with lockup torque converter.
- An updated Full-U 28.8-cubic-yard blade for increased production without increasing blade width or reducing digging force; an overall dozing capacity increase without compromising visibility and balance.
- A large multi-lingual user-friendly LCD color multi-monitor to allow the operator to perform work efficiently and accurately; the use of TFT (thin film transistor) for great visibility from various angles and in various lighting conditions; meters, gauges, and warning functions centrally arranged for simple start-up, inspection, and prompt warning of any abnormalities.
- An easy-to-read “eco gauge” on the right side of the multi-monitor screen so the operator can keep the gauge in the green zone for energy-saving operation.
- Sixteen new, standard mining specifications that include high-mounted headlights, battery, and starter isolator box; centralized grease points; manual engine stop switches; and more. Optional mining specifications include right- and left-hand platforms with handrails and HID work lights.
- A variable piston pump that replaces the previous tandem gear pump for efficiency and reliability.
From our partners
The new Sandvik Ranger surface drill rig offers renowned drilling efficiency with up to 20% lower fuel consumption
Known to many by their former name, Ranger, Sandvik’s DX series surface…
MORE FROM Featured Products
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- MSHA issues citations to five metal/non-metal mines during impact inspections in February423 Views
- Holcim shareholders threaten merger plans with Lafarge…again254 Views
- California woman killed when gravel truck tips over on her car208 Views
- Caterpillar intros 735C, 740C EJ, 745C articulated trucks with bevy of powertrain improvements (PHOTOS)163 Views
- Senate rejects amendment seeking to fund infrastructure by closing corporate tax loophole152 Views