Komatsu showcases intelligent dozers at ConExpo-Con/Agg
Two more dozers join Komatsu America Corp.’s Intelligent Machine Control family, the D37EXi/PXi-23 and D39EXi/PXi-23 crawler dozers.
Equipped with fully automatic blade control, both machines can perform not only finish grading, but also rough dozing. Customer selectable dozing modes allow system response to be tailored to the current machine operation for optimized performance, while blade load settings are adjustable between pre-sets to match actual conditions.
Add-on machine control systems have been replaced with factory-installed cab top GNSS (global navigation satellite system) antenna enhanced inertial measuring unit, and stroke-sensing cylinders. As a result, an improvement in combination rough dozing efficiency of up to 9 percent can be achieved.
Weighing in at 18,872 to 21,848 pounds, depending on configuration and model.
The Tier 4i engines use smart engine technology, with operator-specific features bundled into the compact 89 horsepower (D37i-23) and 105 horsepower (D39i-23) packages.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction launches the newly developed CH540 cone crusher - the latest crusher in a market-leading series. The all new…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- The Labor Department is auditing MSHA for allegedly failing to collect penalty fines390 Views
- Lafarge CEO awarded $2.78 million bonus for 'key role' in merger366 Views
- Cat introduces larger sizes of its Tier 4 Final articulated trucks361 Views
- Caterpillar intros 336F L XE hybrid excavator: smart pumps, boom work faster, burn less fuel (PHOTOS)330 Views
- Cat backs up claims of fuel efficiency with a guarantee234 Views