Komatsu showcases intelligent dozers at ConExpo-Con/Agg
Two more dozers join Komatsu America Corp.’s Intelligent Machine Control family, the D37EXi/PXi-23 and D39EXi/PXi-23 crawler dozers.
Equipped with fully automatic blade control, both machines can perform not only finish grading, but also rough dozing. Customer selectable dozing modes allow system response to be tailored to the current machine operation for optimized performance, while blade load settings are adjustable between pre-sets to match actual conditions.
Add-on machine control systems have been replaced with factory-installed cab top GNSS (global navigation satellite system) antenna enhanced inertial measuring unit, and stroke-sensing cylinders. As a result, an improvement in combination rough dozing efficiency of up to 9 percent can be achieved.
Weighing in at 18,872 to 21,848 pounds, depending on configuration and model.
The Tier 4i engines use smart engine technology, with operator-specific features bundled into the compact 89 horsepower (D37i-23) and 105 horsepower (D39i-23) packages.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Miner suspended upside down pulled to safety by his pant legs703 Views
- Caterpillar lays off hundreds more, announces plant closing in North Carolina365 Views
- Cat 6015B hydraulic shovel offers increased power, more loading capacity342 Views
- MSHA and NSSGA release new infographic about material handling injuries267 Views
- Obama signs two-week transportation patch into law216 Views