Komatsu WA470-7 wheel loader
Komatsu’s new WA470-7 wheel loader is powered by a Komatsu SAA6D125E-6 Tier 4-interim engine that boasts 272 net horsepower. The machine weighs 52,007 pounds and features a newly designed large-capacity torque converter with Lock-Up, which the company says provides improved acceleration, faster hill-climb ability, a higher top speed, and lower fuel consumption. The Lock-Up function activates in second, third, and fourth gears, giving the machine a maximum ground speed of 23.8 miles per hour. The loader has greater productivity in V-cycle applications because of the increased tractive effort. The faster hill-climbing ability allows it to up-shift gears faster, achieve higher gear ranges, and maintain higher ground speeds when working in load-and-carry applications. The cab’s front glass has been lowered and the dashboard redesigned to improve visibility.
Komatsu America Corp.; www.komatsuamerica.com.
From our partners
The new Sandvik Ranger surface drill rig offers renowned drilling efficiency with up to 20% lower fuel consumption
Known to many by their former name, Ranger, Sandvik’s DX series surface top hammer drill rigs all feature a revolving…
MORE FROM Featured Products
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Quarry explosion damages homes and cars and injures one person1050 Views
- Martin Marietta mine among 18 cited during MSHA monthly inspection in April537 Views
- EPA releases final Waters of the U.S. rule, aggregates industry reacts390 Views
- Man dies after nearly 100-foot fall into quarry336 Views
- Vulcan Materials conducts blast for the 'Mayan steps' restoration328 Views