Komatsu WA470-7 wheel loader
Komatsu’s new WA470-7 wheel loader is powered by a Komatsu SAA6D125E-6 Tier 4-interim engine that boasts 272 net horsepower. The machine weighs 52,007 pounds and features a newly designed large-capacity torque converter with Lock-Up, which the company says provides improved acceleration, faster hill-climb ability, a higher top speed, and lower fuel consumption. The Lock-Up function activates in second, third, and fourth gears, giving the machine a maximum ground speed of 23.8 miles per hour. The loader has greater productivity in V-cycle applications because of the increased tractive effort. The faster hill-climbing ability allows it to up-shift gears faster, achieve higher gear ranges, and maintain higher ground speeds when working in load-and-carry applications. The cab’s front glass has been lowered and the dashboard redesigned to improve visibility.
Komatsu America Corp.; www.komatsuamerica.com.
From our partners
Developing a solid relationship with Demolition Technologies Specialized Services enables Crushing Tigers…
MORE FROM Featured Products
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS: Check out the fun of Fertile Days at Fertile Quarry3103 Views
- PHOTOS, VIDEO: Take a virtual tour of Unimin's underground operation in Guion, Ark.2287 Views
- When gravel doesn't bond with resurfacing substance...501 Views
- Sneak peek: Inside Unimin's safety strategies314 Views
- How to become a more productive worker306 Views