Komatsu WA470-7 wheel loader
Komatsu’s new WA470-7 wheel loader is powered by a Komatsu SAA6D125E-6 Tier 4-interim engine that boasts 272 net horsepower. The machine weighs 52,007 pounds and features a newly designed large-capacity torque converter with Lock-Up, which the company says provides improved acceleration, faster hill-climb ability, a higher top speed, and lower fuel consumption. The Lock-Up function activates in second, third, and fourth gears, giving the machine a maximum ground speed of 23.8 miles per hour. The loader has greater productivity in V-cycle applications because of the increased tractive effort. The faster hill-climbing ability allows it to up-shift gears faster, achieve higher gear ranges, and maintain higher ground speeds when working in load-and-carry applications. The cab’s front glass has been lowered and the dashboard redesigned to improve visibility.
Komatsu America Corp.; www.komatsuamerica.com.
From our partners
Developing a solid relationship with Demolition Technologies Specialized Services enables Crushing Tigers…
MORE FROM Featured Products
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Sand saves a construction worker's life495 Views
- Last second Christmas gift ideas for construction workers292 Views
- VIDEO: Caterpillar builds world’s tallest sand castle, then destroys it 281 Views
- Congress passes $1.1 trillion spending bill; cuts billions from federal construction accounts167 Views
- Get operations off to a good start with sound mine planning154 Views