Komatsu WA470-7 wheel loader
Komatsu’s new WA470-7 wheel loader is powered by a Komatsu SAA6D125E-6 Tier 4-interim engine that boasts 272 net horsepower. The machine weighs 52,007 pounds and features a newly designed large-capacity torque converter with Lock-Up, which the company says provides improved acceleration, faster hill-climb ability, a higher top speed, and lower fuel consumption. The Lock-Up function activates in second, third, and fourth gears, giving the machine a maximum ground speed of 23.8 miles per hour. The loader has greater productivity in V-cycle applications because of the increased tractive effort. The faster hill-climbing ability allows it to up-shift gears faster, achieve higher gear ranges, and maintain higher ground speeds when working in load-and-carry applications. The cab’s front glass has been lowered and the dashboard redesigned to improve visibility.
Komatsu America Corp.; www.komatsuamerica.com.
From our partners
MORE FROM Featured Products
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- A set of dinosaur footprints were found in a German quarry643 Views
- The U.S. saw an increase in construction aggregates in the second quarter423 Views
- Summit Materials acquires Utah construction materials company391 Views
- MSHA issues 87 citations at six metal/nonmetal mines during July impact inspections266 Views
- Caterpillar to lay off another 475 employees231 Views