Komatsu WA470-7 wheel loader
Komatsu’s new WA470-7 wheel loader is powered by a Komatsu SAA6D125E-6 Tier 4-interim engine that boasts 272 net horsepower. The machine weighs 52,007 pounds and features a newly designed large-capacity torque converter with Lock-Up, which the company says provides improved acceleration, faster hill-climb ability, a higher top speed, and lower fuel consumption. The Lock-Up function activates in second, third, and fourth gears, giving the machine a maximum ground speed of 23.8 miles per hour. The loader has greater productivity in V-cycle applications because of the increased tractive effort. The faster hill-climbing ability allows it to up-shift gears faster, achieve higher gear ranges, and maintain higher ground speeds when working in load-and-carry applications. The cab’s front glass has been lowered and the dashboard redesigned to improve visibility.
Komatsu America Corp.; www.komatsuamerica.com.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction launches the newly developed CH540 cone crusher - the latest crusher in a market-leading series. The all new…
MORE FROM Featured Products
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- U.S. Concrete purchases a New Jersey aggregate operation388 Views
- Southwest Rock Products' Queen Creek plant wins Top Operations contest345 Views
- Thieves derail train in Mexico to steal 70 tons of cement337 Views
- MSHA gives out $8.4 million to 47 states for mine safety and health training333 Views
- Four contractors compete for $1.1 billion I-285/GA 400 interchange project in Atlanta288 Views