Komatsu WA470-7 wheel loader
Komatsu’s new WA470-7 wheel loader is powered by a Komatsu SAA6D125E-6 Tier 4-interim engine that boasts 272 net horsepower. The machine weighs 52,007 pounds and features a newly designed large-capacity torque converter with Lock-Up, which the company says provides improved acceleration, faster hill-climb ability, a higher top speed, and lower fuel consumption. The Lock-Up function activates in second, third, and fourth gears, giving the machine a maximum ground speed of 23.8 miles per hour. The loader has greater productivity in V-cycle applications because of the increased tractive effort. The faster hill-climbing ability allows it to up-shift gears faster, achieve higher gear ranges, and maintain higher ground speeds when working in load-and-carry applications. The cab’s front glass has been lowered and the dashboard redesigned to improve visibility.
Komatsu America Corp.; www.komatsuamerica.com.
MORE FROM Featured Products
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Miner suspended upside down pulled to safety by his pant legs716 Views
- MSHA and NSSGA release new infographic about material handling injuries283 Views
- Cat 6015B hydraulic shovel offers increased power, more loading capacity222 Views
- Obama signs two-week transportation patch into law218 Views
- Democratic senators call for shorter highway bill in order to maximize funding213 Views