Komatsu’s new PC160LC-8 hydraulic excavator delivers maximum digging force
Komatsu America Corp. says its new PC160LC-8 hydraulic excavator delivers maximum digging force, low noise level, and excellent fuel economy. The unit has an operating weight of 36,770 to 37,740 pounds and is powered by a Komatsu SAA4D107E-1 engine. Its electronically controlled high-pressure common rail, fuel-injection system is EPA Tier 3-emissions certified.
Equipped with the latest Komtrax fleet monitoring system and wireless technology, the excavator’s operating data — operating hours, location, cautions, and maintenance alerts — are sent to a secure Web site for analysis.
Special features include the following:
- Large 7-inch LCD monitor that displays data;
- Easy service and maintenance access and Komatsu’s Equipment Management Monitoring System;
- Reliable, exclusively designed frame and electronic components;
- Five working modes designed to match engine speed, pump flow, and system pressure to specific application requirements with one-touch Power Max control to increase digging force by 7 percent for 8 seconds when additional digging power is needed; and
- A wide, spacious cab with a high-back seat for reduced operator fatigue.
MORE FROM Featured Products
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- MSHA's top 25 most cited standards at sand and gravel facilities in 20151550 Views
- MSHA's top 25 most cited standards at stone facilities in 20151012 Views
- MSHA issues 95 citations to seven mines during December inspections1004 Views
- Caterpillar to close 5 more plants, cut 670 jobs as part of cost reduction plan318 Views
- Martin Marietta's Guernsey Quarry manages production of five mineral deposits240 Views