Lafarge helps set the standard for sustainable homes
Lafarge Canada, Inc. raised the walls and roof of an innovative NetZero energy duplex made entirely of precast concrete, the first NetZero precast concrete home in Canada. The company partnered with Stantec, who provided the design for the duplex. Its design, along with sustainable materials, will help ensure energy efficiency and set the stage for providing more sustainable residential solutions with precast concrete. Lafarge is donating the duplex to Habitat for Humanity, who will then provide two families with the opportunity for affordable home ownership.
“Lafarge is thrilled to be in construction mode on the NetZero energy house,” Dennis Lattimore, Lafarge vice president, marketing, said in a press release. “From the beginning, this project has been a learning vehicle. During design and manufacturing, all of the partners have captured countless lessons about building toward a NetZero standard. We are pleased that soon the Habitat families will have the opportunity to live in and benefit from the built-in engineering.”
Two Habitat families will pay a mortgage to Habitat that is interest free, and their payments will never be more than 25 percent of their income. The families’ mortgage payments are then reinvested into building more Habitat homes.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction’s extensive range of rock tools are world renowned for combining…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
Manufacturer news: McLanahan hosts first Frac Sand Processing School in Wisconsin; The Volvo Group sponsors Ocean Summit on Marine Debris; CEMA publishes 7th Edition Belt Conveyors for Bulk Materials; Superior Industries acquires Clemro Western Ltd.; Metso launches new global website; Xylem launches new online interactive dewatering platform; Eriez offers 5-Star Service Program; JCB Finance enters partnership with Bank of the West
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Lower oil prices send mixed signals to frac sand producers294 Views
- Legislation stopping proposed Waters of the U.S. rule passes Transportation and Infrastructure committee with bipartisan support178 Views
- Bipartisan highway bill would tie federal gas tax to inflation, create transportation commission177 Views
- Lafarge and Holcim announce U.S. asset divestments required by Federal Trade Commission for merger144 Views
- Eagle Scout project rebuilds DeSoto State Park hiking trail from stone found in old quarry at park142 Views