Lafarge moving headquarters to Chicago
Lafarge will move from Herndon to Chicago in the fall, according to Illinois state officials who enticed the firm with financial incentives, The Washington Post reports.
The North American headquarters of building-materials giant Lafarge will move from Herndon to Chicago in the fall, according to Illinois state officials who enticed the firm with financial incentives, the newspaper reported.
The Paris-based firm agreed to invest about $10 million in the move to an as-yet-undetermined site near Chicago’s O’Hare International Airport and to create at least 90 jobs during the first two years, Illinois Gov. Pat Quinn’s office said in the Post report.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Kelly Bailey named 2015 AggMan of the Year518 Views
- MSHA and NSSGA release new infographic about material handling injuries340 Views
- Hillary Clinton rolls out new $275 billion infrastructure plan329 Views
- Miner suspended upside down pulled to safety by his pant legs193 Views
- Democratic senators call for shorter highway bill in order to maximize funding166 Views