Lafarge selling Boral stake in Asian gypsum joint-venture
Lafarge agreed with Boral on Aug. 17 to sell the company its stake in its common Asian gypsum joint-venture LBGA (Lafarge Boral Gypsum Asia) for 429 M€ (representing the enterprise value of Lafarge’s 50 percent-stake in the joint-venture).
LBGA is a 50/50 joint-venture formed in 2000 between Lafarge and Boral. The company is a leading supplier of plasterboard and other gypsum-related products across Asia, operating throughout 10 countries with 20 production facilities and employing around 2,100 people. In 2010, LBGA’s sales group share accounted for 181 M€, with an EBITDA Group share of 31 M€.
This deal is expected to be completed before year-end.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- What to expect at the 2014 ConExpo-Con/Agg show260 Views
- 25 Days of RollOuts: Atlas Copco’s bucket crushers240 Views
- 25 Days of RollOuts: Caterpillar’s 988K wheel loader178 Views
- Rare dinosaur skeleton found in quarry sells for more than $544,000167 Views
- Komatsu's WA1200-6 wheel loader offers more horsepower, lower costs166 Views