Lafarge selling Boral stake in Asian gypsum joint-venture
Lafarge agreed with Boral on Aug. 17 to sell the company its stake in its common Asian gypsum joint-venture LBGA (Lafarge Boral Gypsum Asia) for 429 M€ (representing the enterprise value of Lafarge’s 50 percent-stake in the joint-venture).
LBGA is a 50/50 joint-venture formed in 2000 between Lafarge and Boral. The company is a leading supplier of plasterboard and other gypsum-related products across Asia, operating throughout 10 countries with 20 production facilities and employing around 2,100 people. In 2010, LBGA’s sales group share accounted for 181 M€, with an EBITDA Group share of 31 M€.
This deal is expected to be completed before year-end.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Rock and Bowl: Graniterock helps make the Super Bowl a success628 Views
- Aggregates industry leader Bob Bartlett dies497 Views
- Obama says now is time to raise gas tax with oil prices plummeting460 Views
- Miner seriously injured after articulated haul truck overturned454 Views
- LafargeHolcim is considering selling Lafarge India280 Views