Lafarge selling Boral stake in Asian gypsum joint-venture
Lafarge agreed with Boral on Aug. 17 to sell the company its stake in its common Asian gypsum joint-venture LBGA (Lafarge Boral Gypsum Asia) for 429 M€ (representing the enterprise value of Lafarge’s 50 percent-stake in the joint-venture).
LBGA is a 50/50 joint-venture formed in 2000 between Lafarge and Boral. The company is a leading supplier of plasterboard and other gypsum-related products across Asia, operating throughout 10 countries with 20 production facilities and employing around 2,100 people. In 2010, LBGA’s sales group share accounted for 181 M€, with an EBITDA Group share of 31 M€.
This deal is expected to be completed before year-end.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS: Check out the fun of Fertile Days at Fertile Quarry3103 Views
- PHOTOS, VIDEO: Take a virtual tour of Unimin's underground operation in Guion, Ark.2287 Views
- When gravel doesn't bond with resurfacing substance...502 Views
- Sneak peek: Inside Unimin's safety strategies314 Views
- How to become a more productive worker306 Views