Lafarge sells Ecuador cement operations for $553 million
The sale includes a 1.4 million-ton capacity cement plant in Otavalo, Ecuador, and is expected to help the company reduce net debt below 9 billion euros ($12.26 billion) in 2014.
The announcement follows news that the company plans to merge with Holcim to create LafargeHolcim — a deal that is slated to close in the first half of 2015.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction’s extensive range of rock tools are world renowned for combining advanced materials technology, with skillful design focusing on…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Atlanta turning quarry into one of America's largest reservoirs479 Views
- VIDEO: World conference discusses Lafarge-Holcim merger424 Views
- Controversial quarry granted permit by Indiana Department of Natural Resources424 Views
- PHOTOS: Reclamation photo contest entries showcase post-mining opportunities339 Views
- The final Waters of the U.S. rule has been released to the Federal Register311 Views