Lafarge sells Ecuador cement operations for $553 million
The sale includes a 1.4 million-ton capacity cement plant in Otavalo, Ecuador, and is expected to help the company reduce net debt below 9 billion euros ($12.26 billion) in 2014.
The announcement follows news that the company plans to merge with Holcim to create LafargeHolcim — a deal that is slated to close in the first half of 2015.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction’s extensive range of rock tools are world renowned for combining advanced materials technology, with skillful design focusing on…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Metal and nonmetal mines get a total of 61 citations during August MSHA inspections451 Views
- Southwest Rock Products' Queen Creek plant wins Top Operations contest389 Views
- Hanson Building Products acquires Minnesota concrete company362 Views
- Frac sand 101: What does it take to enter the high-value frac sand market and what does it mean for aggregate producers?356 Views
- Tips for meeting MSHA's tougher criteria for workplace examinations306 Views