Lafarge sells Ecuador cement operations for $553 million
The sale includes a 1.4 million-ton capacity cement plant in Otavalo, Ecuador, and is expected to help the company reduce net debt below 9 billion euros ($12.26 billion) in 2014.
The announcement follows news that the company plans to merge with Holcim to create LafargeHolcim — a deal that is slated to close in the first half of 2015.
From our partners
The new Sandvik Ranger surface drill rig offers renowned drilling efficiency with up to 20% lower fuel consumption
Known to many by their former name, Ranger, Sandvik’s DX series surface…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- VIDEO: Caterpillar builds world’s tallest sand castle, then destroys it 867 Views
- Sand saves a construction worker's life466 Views
- Last second Christmas gift ideas for construction workers270 Views
- Congress passes $1.1 trillion spending bill; cuts billions from federal construction accounts165 Views
- Get operations off to a good start with sound mine planning155 Views