Lafarge sells Ecuador cement operations for $553 million
The sale includes a 1.4 million-ton capacity cement plant in Otavalo, Ecuador, and is expected to help the company reduce net debt below 9 billion euros ($12.26 billion) in 2014.
The announcement follows news that the company plans to merge with Holcim to create LafargeHolcim — a deal that is slated to close in the first half of 2015.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction’s extensive range of rock tools are world renowned for combining advanced materials technology, with skillful design focusing on…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Caterpillar splits with Navistar, will design and build its own vocational trucks in Texas420 Views
- MSHA highlights second quarter metal/non-metal accidents308 Views
- Lafarge NA sells $450 million in assets to Summit Materials258 Views
- A 20-year-old died while swimming in a New York quarry229 Views
- NEAR MISS: Miner severely injured after he was electrocuted215 Views