Lafarge sells Ecuador cement operations for $553 million
The sale includes a 1.4 million-ton capacity cement plant in Otavalo, Ecuador, and is expected to help the company reduce net debt below 9 billion euros ($12.26 billion) in 2014.
The announcement follows news that the company plans to merge with Holcim to create LafargeHolcim — a deal that is slated to close in the first half of 2015.
From our partners
Developing a solid relationship with Demolition Technologies Specialized Services enables Crushing Tigers…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Sand portrait highlights aggregate industry's sustainability690 Views
- Vulcan makes several changes to its organizational structure542 Views
- Rocker Bob Seger rips Wisconsin mine plan in new song [Audio]494 Views
- Caterpillar leadership sees changes, heads of mining and dealer support announce retirement 262 Views
- Officials wrongly closed frac sand mine239 Views