LaFarge sells Wichita operations to Summit Materials
Lafarge North America plans to sell its aggregates, concrete and asphalt/paving operations located in Wichita, Kansas, to Summit Materials, the Wichita Business Journal reported.
A Lafarge spokesperson told the Wichita Business Journal that he agreement consists of Lafarge’s three aggregate quarries, five ready-mix concrete sites and three asphalt operations in the Wichita area.
The transfer will involve layoffs, though Lafarge doesn’t know how many.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction’s extensive range of rock tools are world renowned for combining…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS: Check out the fun of Fertile Days at Fertile Quarry3103 Views
- PHOTOS, VIDEO: Take a virtual tour of Unimin's underground operation in Guion, Ark.2312 Views
- When gravel doesn't bond with resurfacing substance...544 Views
- How to become a more productive worker311 Views
- Sneak peek: Inside Unimin's safety strategies309 Views