LaFarge sells Wichita operations to Summit Materials
Lafarge North America plans to sell its aggregates, concrete and asphalt/paving operations located in Wichita, Kansas, to Summit Materials, the Wichita Business Journal reported.
A Lafarge spokesperson told the Wichita Business Journal that he agreement consists of Lafarge’s three aggregate quarries, five ready-mix concrete sites and three asphalt operations in the Wichita area.
The transfer will involve layoffs, though Lafarge doesn’t know how many.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction launches the newly developed CH540 cone crusher - the latest…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Sand portrait highlights aggregate industry's sustainability674 Views
- Vulcan makes several changes to its organizational structure541 Views
- Owner of rock quarry defends himself against park350 Views
- Caterpillar leadership sees changes, heads of mining and dealer support announce retirement 273 Views
- Officials wrongly closed frac sand mine238 Views