LaFarge sells Wichita operations to Summit Materials
Lafarge North America plans to sell its aggregates, concrete and asphalt/paving operations located in Wichita, Kansas, to Summit Materials, the Wichita Business Journal reported.
A Lafarge spokesperson told the Wichita Business Journal that he agreement consists of Lafarge’s three aggregate quarries, five ready-mix concrete sites and three asphalt operations in the Wichita area.
The transfer will involve layoffs, though Lafarge doesn’t know how many.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- MSHA's top 25 most cited standards at sand and gravel facilities in 20151551 Views
- MSHA's top 25 most cited standards at stone facilities in 20151035 Views
- MSHA issues 95 citations to seven mines during December inspections1009 Views
- Obama proposes $10-per-barrel tax on oil production687 Views
- Stockpile Reports launches bin and bunker measurement for stockpiled materials via iPhone, drone409 Views