LaFarge sells Wichita operations to Summit Materials
Lafarge North America plans to sell its aggregates, concrete and asphalt/paving operations located in Wichita, Kansas, to Summit Materials, the Wichita Business Journal reported.
A Lafarge spokesperson told the Wichita Business Journal that he agreement consists of Lafarge’s three aggregate quarries, five ready-mix concrete sites and three asphalt operations in the Wichita area.
The transfer will involve layoffs, though Lafarge doesn’t know how many.
From our partners
The new Sandvik Ranger surface drill rig offers renowned drilling efficiency with up to 20% lower fuel consumption
Known to many by their former name, Ranger, Sandvik’s DX series surface…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Four workers survive getting buried alive at sand and gravel plant1086 Views
- Federal judge forces MSHA inspection619 Views
- Wingra not allowed to mine beneath burial mounds365 Views
- Human remains found in Michigan quarry296 Views
- VIDEO: Excavator water skiing the best way to cool off, get hurt in a mudhole279 Views