LaFarge sells Wichita operations to Summit Materials
Lafarge North America plans to sell its aggregates, concrete and asphalt/paving operations located in Wichita, Kansas, to Summit Materials, the Wichita Business Journal reported.
A Lafarge spokesperson told the Wichita Business Journal that he agreement consists of Lafarge’s three aggregate quarries, five ready-mix concrete sites and three asphalt operations in the Wichita area.
The transfer will involve layoffs, though Lafarge doesn’t know how many.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Kelly Bailey named 2015 AggMan of the Year506 Views
- MSHA and NSSGA release new infographic about material handling injuries337 Views
- Hillary Clinton rolls out new $275 billion infrastructure plan310 Views
- Miner suspended upside down pulled to safety by his pant legs193 Views
- Democratic senators call for shorter highway bill in order to maximize funding164 Views