Lafarge’s Chicago team helps feed those in need
Lafarge America’s Chicago Aggregates team volunteered at the local Northern Illinois Food Bank (NIFB) this week, where they put together packages of food for distribution throughout the Northern Illinois Area.
In total, the Lafarge team boxed 3,750 pounds of food, which is equivalent to 291 meals for those in need. NIFB serves meals to more than 60,000 people each year. It’s the third year that the Lafarge team has volunteered with the group.
“At Lafarge, we feel that giving back to the community in which we operate is just part of doing good business through creating quality building materials, and donating our time to non-profit organizations,” says Sean Hawley, general manager for Chicago Aggregates. “We appreciate the opportunity to work with this organization and give back to Chicago.”
From our partners
Developing a solid relationship with Demolition Technologies Specialized Services enables Crushing Tigers…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Unexpected sand and gravel causes rollover accident347 Views
- Don't drink and drive...that includes your wheel loader!214 Views
- Buffalo Crushed Stone cited for pollution185 Views
- Eliminate the fat and increase profits through lean processing185 Views
- Highway Trust Fund: A look at who’s in and who’s out in next Congress156 Views