Lafarge’s Chicago team helps feed those in need
Lafarge America’s Chicago Aggregates team volunteered at the local Northern Illinois Food Bank (NIFB) this week, where they put together packages of food for distribution throughout the Northern Illinois Area.
In total, the Lafarge team boxed 3,750 pounds of food, which is equivalent to 291 meals for those in need. NIFB serves meals to more than 60,000 people each year. It’s the third year that the Lafarge team has volunteered with the group.
“At Lafarge, we feel that giving back to the community in which we operate is just part of doing good business through creating quality building materials, and donating our time to non-profit organizations,” says Sean Hawley, general manager for Chicago Aggregates. “We appreciate the opportunity to work with this organization and give back to Chicago.”
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Miner suspended upside down pulled to safety by his pant legs757 Views
- Kelly Bailey named 2015 AggMan of the Year377 Views
- MSHA and NSSGA release new infographic about material handling injuries319 Views
- Obama signs two-week transportation patch into law224 Views
- Caterpillar to close Kentucky plant, cut 50 jobs214 Views