Lafarge’s Chicago team helps feed those in need
Lafarge America’s Chicago Aggregates team volunteered at the local Northern Illinois Food Bank (NIFB) this week, where they put together packages of food for distribution throughout the Northern Illinois Area.
In total, the Lafarge team boxed 3,750 pounds of food, which is equivalent to 291 meals for those in need. NIFB serves meals to more than 60,000 people each year. It’s the third year that the Lafarge team has volunteered with the group.
“At Lafarge, we feel that giving back to the community in which we operate is just part of doing good business through creating quality building materials, and donating our time to non-profit organizations,” says Sean Hawley, general manager for Chicago Aggregates. “We appreciate the opportunity to work with this organization and give back to Chicago.”
From our partners
The new Sandvik Ranger surface drill rig offers renowned drilling efficiency with up to 20% lower fuel consumption
Known to many by their former name, Ranger, Sandvik’s DX series surface…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Sand portrait highlights aggregate industry's sustainability638 Views
- Vulcan makes several changes to its organizational structure461 Views
- Owner of rock quarry defends himself against park357 Views
- Video: Behind the scenes with Lego Technic's wheel loader R&D287 Views
- Caterpillar leadership sees changes, heads of mining and dealer support announce retirement 268 Views