Lafarge’s Chicago team helps feed those in need
Lafarge America’s Chicago Aggregates team volunteered at the local Northern Illinois Food Bank (NIFB) this week, where they put together packages of food for distribution throughout the Northern Illinois Area.
In total, the Lafarge team boxed 3,750 pounds of food, which is equivalent to 291 meals for those in need. NIFB serves meals to more than 60,000 people each year. It’s the third year that the Lafarge team has volunteered with the group.
“At Lafarge, we feel that giving back to the community in which we operate is just part of doing good business through creating quality building materials, and donating our time to non-profit organizations,” says Sean Hawley, general manager for Chicago Aggregates. “We appreciate the opportunity to work with this organization and give back to Chicago.”
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS, VIDEO: Take a virtual tour of Unimin's underground operation in Guion, Ark.2392 Views
- Quarry blast leaves huge holes in nearby home931 Views
- When gravel doesn't bond with resurfacing substance...576 Views
- How to become a more productive worker314 Views
- PHOTOS: Check out the fun of Fertile Days at Fertile Quarry303 Views