Lafarge’s Chicago team helps feed those in need
Lafarge America’s Chicago Aggregates team volunteered at the local Northern Illinois Food Bank (NIFB) this week, where they put together packages of food for distribution throughout the Northern Illinois Area.
In total, the Lafarge team boxed 3,750 pounds of food, which is equivalent to 291 meals for those in need. NIFB serves meals to more than 60,000 people each year. It’s the third year that the Lafarge team has volunteered with the group.
“At Lafarge, we feel that giving back to the community in which we operate is just part of doing good business through creating quality building materials, and donating our time to non-profit organizations,” says Sean Hawley, general manager for Chicago Aggregates. “We appreciate the opportunity to work with this organization and give back to Chicago.”
From our partners
Sandvik Construction’s extensive range of rock tools are world renowned for combining…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- MSHA Fatality Review Committee determines several fatalities are chargeable to the mining industry344 Views
- Lower oil prices send mixed signals to frac sand producers269 Views
- Kingsteps Quarry in Scotland will be examined for the remains of World War II planes222 Views
- Holcim and Lafarge nominate candidates for merged company’s board of directors199 Views
- PHOTOS: Caterpillar: Modern Earthmoving Marvels traces equipment evolution166 Views