LaHood signs $12.9 million Recovery Act grant
Tennessee also is receiving $2.8 million and West Virginia $1.7 million — bringing to $17.5 million the total grant for this project.
The $17.5 million grant was awarded under the Recovery Act’s TIGER program. TIGER funding is designed to promote innovative, multimodal, and multi-jurisdictional transportation projects that provide significant economic and environmental benefits to an entire metropolitan area, region, or the nation.
The Department announced the selection of $1.5 billion worth of TIGER grants for 51 projects as part of the one-year anniversary of the Recovery Act on February 17.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Vulcan shareholders reject board changes at annual meeting959 Views
- Former gravel quarry-turned-landfill transforms into nature reserve494 Views
- Americans consume 3 million pounds of minerals in a lifetime241 Views
- Excavators uncover ancient quarry in Jerusalem204 Views
- North Carolina grants Martin Marietta water quality certification for limestone quarry186 Views