Lakes limestone trade up almost 12 percent in July
Shipments of limestone on the Great Lakes totaled 4.1 million net tons in July, an increase of 6 percent over June, and 11.9 percent better than a year ago. Loadings were also more than 8 percent ahead of the month’s five-year average.
Shipments from U.S. ports rose 12.3 percent to 3,347,818 tons. Canadian quarries’ total of 735,935 tons represented an increase of roughly three boatloads.
Year-to-date the Lakes limestone trade stands at 14 million tons, an increase of 14 percent compared to a year ago, and a slight increase compared to the 5-year average for the January-July timeframe.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Miner suspended upside down pulled to safety by his pant legs692 Views
- Caterpillar lays off hundreds more, announces plant closing in North Carolina365 Views
- MSHA and NSSGA release new infographic about material handling injuries255 Views
- Obama signs two-week transportation patch into law217 Views
- Cat 6015B hydraulic shovel offers increased power, more loading capacity214 Views