Lakes limestone trade up almost 12 percent in July
Shipments of limestone on the Great Lakes totaled 4.1 million net tons in July, an increase of 6 percent over June, and 11.9 percent better than a year ago. Loadings were also more than 8 percent ahead of the month’s five-year average.
Shipments from U.S. ports rose 12.3 percent to 3,347,818 tons. Canadian quarries’ total of 735,935 tons represented an increase of roughly three boatloads.
Year-to-date the Lakes limestone trade stands at 14 million tons, an increase of 14 percent compared to a year ago, and a slight increase compared to the 5-year average for the January-July timeframe.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction launches the newly developed CH540 cone crusher - the latest…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS, VIDEO: Take a virtual tour of Unimin's underground operation in Guion, Ark.2392 Views
- Quarry blast leaves huge holes in nearby home967 Views
- When gravel doesn't bond with resurfacing substance...578 Views
- How to become a more productive worker317 Views
- PHOTOS: Check out the fun of Fertile Days at Fertile Quarry303 Views