Lakes limestone trade up almost 12 percent in July
Shipments of limestone on the Great Lakes totaled 4.1 million net tons in July, an increase of 6 percent over June, and 11.9 percent better than a year ago. Loadings were also more than 8 percent ahead of the month’s five-year average.
Shipments from U.S. ports rose 12.3 percent to 3,347,818 tons. Canadian quarries’ total of 735,935 tons represented an increase of roughly three boatloads.
Year-to-date the Lakes limestone trade stands at 14 million tons, an increase of 14 percent compared to a year ago, and a slight increase compared to the 5-year average for the January-July timeframe.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction launches the newly developed CH540 cone crusher - the latest…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS: Rock & Run 2014 was full of fun for everyone628 Views
- Mine expansion leaving MnDOT up a creek without a paddle372 Views
- OSHA cites Nebraska sand and gravel company345 Views
- The Underground World Wide Web: A new use for abandoned mines155 Views
- Majority of construction firms can't find skilled workers127 Views