Lattimore Materials marks centennial anniversary with community service
Lattimore Materials Corp., an Aggregate Industries US (AIUS) Co., is marking the centennial of its parent company, Holcim Ltd, with Together for Communities, a year-long 2012 initiative that encourages employees to lead local volunteer projects. LMC Employees participated in the celebration through multiple projects contributing more than 3,300 employee volunteer hours.
“In planning and executing these projects, our employees at LMC have shown great initiative and a deep knowledge of their communities,” says Filiberto Ruiz, deputy chief executive officer of Aggregate Industries US. “I commend the LMC employees and look forward to our continued partnerships within the community.”
More than 200 LMC employees participated in projects at local schools, including Bells Elementary School and Brazos River Charter School, community centers, and food banks. Employees also volunteered throughout the year at the San Antonio Food Bank where they sorted and packed more than 200,000 pounds of food to be served at local community kitchens.
Additionally, employees volunteered 2,340 hours to the Texas Special Olympics, where they monitored 58 bowling lanes each day during the competition for the 3,000 athletes from across the North Dallas area.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
Manufacturer news: McLanahan hosts first Frac Sand Processing School in Wisconsin; The Volvo Group sponsors Ocean Summit on Marine Debris; CEMA publishes 7th Edition Belt Conveyors for Bulk Materials; Superior Industries acquires Clemro Western Ltd.; Metso launches new global website; Xylem launches new online interactive dewatering platform; Eriez offers 5-Star Service Program; JCB Finance enters partnership with Bank of the West
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Lower oil prices send mixed signals to frac sand producers293 Views
- Legislation stopping proposed Waters of the U.S. rule passes Transportation and Infrastructure committee with bipartisan support178 Views
- Bipartisan highway bill would tie federal gas tax to inflation, create transportation commission173 Views
- Lafarge and Holcim announce U.S. asset divestments required by Federal Trade Commission for merger141 Views
- PHOTOS: Caterpillar: Modern Earthmoving Marvels traces equipment evolution123 Views