Leaders gather in LA to discuss sustainable infrastructure
National League of Cities (NLC) in partnership with the Southern California Association of Governments, will hold “Building Cities, Building Futures,” a national tour centering on sustainable infrastructure as a catalyst for economic growth in Los Angeles on July 20.
Sponsored by Siemens, the tour will bring together local Los Angeles area business, community and governmental leaders to discuss how to effectively plan and prioritize funding and the options available to promote resiliency and create jobs.
Event sessions will include discussions that correspond directly to the infrastructure needs of the Los Angeles community with a focus on transportation. The tour will also include discussions on infrastructure investment for economic development and the need for effective regional collaboration.
Under Secretary for Transportation, Roy Kienitz will headline the tour by giving an update on the pending transportation reauthorization.
Some of the speakers include the following:
- Los Angeles area business, community and government leaders
- Sven Hackmann, vice president, U.S. Cities Initiative and Los Angeles Ambassador, Siemens
- Richard G. Little, senior fellow, director, Keston Institute for Public Finance and Infrastructure Policy, School of Policy, Planning, and Development, University of Southern California
- Hasan Ikhrata, executive director, South California Association of Governments
- Ron Loveridge, mayor, Riverside, Calif., immediate past president, National League of Cities
What: “Building Cities, Building Futures” national infrastructure tour
Where: JW Marriott Los Angeles at LA Live, 900 West Olympic Boulevard, Los Angeles
When: Wednesday, July 20, 2011, 8:00 a.m. PT
RSVP: Contact Gregory Minchak (firstname.lastname@example.org) to RSVP or for additional information
From our partners
Developing a solid relationship with Demolition Technologies Specialized Services enables Crushing Tigers…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- VIDEO: Caterpillar builds world’s tallest sand castle, then destroys it 902 Views
- Sand saves a construction worker's life493 Views
- Last second Christmas gift ideas for construction workers289 Views
- Get operations off to a good start with sound mine planning154 Views