Leaders gather in LA to discuss sustainable infrastructure
National League of Cities (NLC) in partnership with the Southern California Association of Governments, will hold “Building Cities, Building Futures,” a national tour centering on sustainable infrastructure as a catalyst for economic growth in Los Angeles on July 20.
Sponsored by Siemens, the tour will bring together local Los Angeles area business, community and governmental leaders to discuss how to effectively plan and prioritize funding and the options available to promote resiliency and create jobs.
Event sessions will include discussions that correspond directly to the infrastructure needs of the Los Angeles community with a focus on transportation. The tour will also include discussions on infrastructure investment for economic development and the need for effective regional collaboration.
Under Secretary for Transportation, Roy Kienitz will headline the tour by giving an update on the pending transportation reauthorization.
Some of the speakers include the following:
- Los Angeles area business, community and government leaders
- Sven Hackmann, vice president, U.S. Cities Initiative and Los Angeles Ambassador, Siemens
- Richard G. Little, senior fellow, director, Keston Institute for Public Finance and Infrastructure Policy, School of Policy, Planning, and Development, University of Southern California
- Hasan Ikhrata, executive director, South California Association of Governments
- Ron Loveridge, mayor, Riverside, Calif., immediate past president, National League of Cities
What: “Building Cities, Building Futures” national infrastructure tour
Where: JW Marriott Los Angeles at LA Live, 900 West Olympic Boulevard, Los Angeles
When: Wednesday, July 20, 2011, 8:00 a.m. PT
RSVP: Contact Gregory Minchak (email@example.com) to RSVP or for additional information
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- MSHA issues citations to five metal/non-metal mines during impact inspections in February338 Views
- California woman killed when gravel truck tips over on her car196 Views
- Northern White Sand considers building a rail unloading facility in Carlsbad162 Views
- Senate rejects amendment seeking to fund infrastructure by closing corporate tax loophole146 Views
- DRIVE Act aims to support Highway Trust Fund by limiting spending to roads and bridges129 Views