Leaders gather in LA to discuss sustainable infrastructure
National League of Cities (NLC) in partnership with the Southern California Association of Governments, will hold “Building Cities, Building Futures,” a national tour centering on sustainable infrastructure as a catalyst for economic growth in Los Angeles on July 20.
Sponsored by Siemens, the tour will bring together local Los Angeles area business, community and governmental leaders to discuss how to effectively plan and prioritize funding and the options available to promote resiliency and create jobs.
Event sessions will include discussions that correspond directly to the infrastructure needs of the Los Angeles community with a focus on transportation. The tour will also include discussions on infrastructure investment for economic development and the need for effective regional collaboration.
Under Secretary for Transportation, Roy Kienitz will headline the tour by giving an update on the pending transportation reauthorization.
Some of the speakers include the following:
- Los Angeles area business, community and government leaders
- Sven Hackmann, vice president, U.S. Cities Initiative and Los Angeles Ambassador, Siemens
- Richard G. Little, senior fellow, director, Keston Institute for Public Finance and Infrastructure Policy, School of Policy, Planning, and Development, University of Southern California
- Hasan Ikhrata, executive director, South California Association of Governments
- Ron Loveridge, mayor, Riverside, Calif., immediate past president, National League of Cities
What: “Building Cities, Building Futures” national infrastructure tour
Where: JW Marriott Los Angeles at LA Live, 900 West Olympic Boulevard, Los Angeles
When: Wednesday, July 20, 2011, 8:00 a.m. PT
RSVP: Contact Gregory Minchak (firstname.lastname@example.org) to RSVP or for additional information
From our partners
Sandvik Construction launches the newly developed CH540 cone crusher - the latest…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS: Check out the fun of Fertile Days at Fertile Quarry3103 Views
- PHOTOS, VIDEO: Take a virtual tour of Unimin's underground operation in Guion, Ark.2294 Views
- When gravel doesn't bond with resurfacing substance...537 Views
- How to become a more productive worker309 Views
- Sneak peek: Inside Unimin's safety strategies307 Views