Learn about safety at the 2013 Southeast Mine Safety & Health Conference
The conference focuses on health and safety in the mining industry and will feature keynote speakers from the health and safety industry, as well as sessions taught by safety professionals across the southeast.
Discussion topics include positive and effective leadership, emergency planning, ethics, utilizing the MSHA website, wellness, guarding, industrial hygiene, learn from the QueCreek incident, confined spaces, ergonomics, safety strategies, contractor safety, task training, safety and health management principles, MSHA enforcement measures, regulations/trends and proposed rules, company case studies and impact, inspection process, preparation, resources and support and more.
An optional pre-conference is available on November 4 and offers three tracks:
- Contractor Safety and Health
- Industrial Hygiene/Health
- Workplace Violence
The conference will also include an award presentation for the 40 Year Safe Miner Recognition during the opening session on November 5. Nominations for the Miner Recognition are open until September 19. For details about nominating a miner for the 40 Year Safe Miner Recognition, visit southeastmineconf.org/miner-recognition.php.
For more information about the Southeast Mine Safety & Health Conference, or to register to attend, visit southeastmineconf.org.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Quarry explosion damages homes and cars and injures one person1062 Views
- Martin Marietta mine among 18 cited during MSHA monthly inspection in April644 Views
- EPA releases final Waters of the U.S. rule, aggregates industry reacts358 Views
- Man dies after nearly 100-foot fall into quarry357 Views
- Vulcan Materials conducts blast for the 'Mayan steps' restoration338 Views