Learn about safety at the 2013 Southeast Mine Safety & Health Conference
The conference focuses on health and safety in the mining industry and will feature keynote speakers from the health and safety industry, as well as sessions taught by safety professionals across the southeast.
Discussion topics include positive and effective leadership, emergency planning, ethics, utilizing the MSHA website, wellness, guarding, industrial hygiene, learn from the QueCreek incident, confined spaces, ergonomics, safety strategies, contractor safety, task training, safety and health management principles, MSHA enforcement measures, regulations/trends and proposed rules, company case studies and impact, inspection process, preparation, resources and support and more.
An optional pre-conference is available on November 4 and offers three tracks:
- Contractor Safety and Health
- Industrial Hygiene/Health
- Workplace Violence
The conference will also include an award presentation for the 40 Year Safe Miner Recognition during the opening session on November 5. Nominations for the Miner Recognition are open until September 19. For details about nominating a miner for the 40 Year Safe Miner Recognition, visit southeastmineconf.org/miner-recognition.php.
For more information about the Southeast Mine Safety & Health Conference, or to register to attend, visit southeastmineconf.org.
From our partners
Developing a solid relationship with Demolition Technologies Specialized Services enables Crushing Tigers…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
Manufacturer news: Hlavinka Equipment opens Texas Hlavinda JCB division; Terex Washing Systems appoints new global sales director; Skelly and Loy promotes Aungst to VP of AMS; Luff Industries adds Riddell as territory manager; Caterpillar opens first Data Innovation Lab; Yokohama Tire Corp. will help build eco-friendly playground
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Vulcan Materials to meet August deadline for restoring eastern hillside of Azusa rock quarry475 Views
- MSHA issues serious non-fatal accident alert, best practices in response to water truck accident452 Views
- MSHA Fatality Review Committee determines several fatalities are chargeable to the mining industry313 Views
- Excavator explodes into flames after engine malfunction on New York jobsite (VIDEO)279 Views
- Eric Olsen appointed future CEO of Lafarge Holcim merger254 Views