Learn about safety at the 2013 Southeast Mine Safety & Health Conference
The conference focuses on health and safety in the mining industry and will feature keynote speakers from the health and safety industry, as well as sessions taught by safety professionals across the southeast.
Discussion topics include positive and effective leadership, emergency planning, ethics, utilizing the MSHA website, wellness, guarding, industrial hygiene, learn from the QueCreek incident, confined spaces, ergonomics, safety strategies, contractor safety, task training, safety and health management principles, MSHA enforcement measures, regulations/trends and proposed rules, company case studies and impact, inspection process, preparation, resources and support and more.
An optional pre-conference is available on November 4 and offers three tracks:
- Contractor Safety and Health
- Industrial Hygiene/Health
- Workplace Violence
The conference will also include an award presentation for the 40 Year Safe Miner Recognition during the opening session on November 5. Nominations for the Miner Recognition are open until September 19. For details about nominating a miner for the 40 Year Safe Miner Recognition, visit southeastmineconf.org/miner-recognition.php.
For more information about the Southeast Mine Safety & Health Conference, or to register to attend, visit southeastmineconf.org.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Miner suspended upside down pulled to safety by his pant legs716 Views
- MSHA and NSSGA release new infographic about material handling injuries283 Views
- Obama signs two-week transportation patch into law219 Views
- Caterpillar to close Kentucky plant, cut 50 jobs194 Views
- Democratic senators call for shorter highway bill in order to maximize funding192 Views