Learn about safety at the 2013 Southeast Mine Safety & Health Conference
The conference focuses on health and safety in the mining industry and will feature keynote speakers from the health and safety industry, as well as sessions taught by safety professionals across the southeast.
Discussion topics include positive and effective leadership, emergency planning, ethics, utilizing the MSHA website, wellness, guarding, industrial hygiene, learn from the QueCreek incident, confined spaces, ergonomics, safety strategies, contractor safety, task training, safety and health management principles, MSHA enforcement measures, regulations/trends and proposed rules, company case studies and impact, inspection process, preparation, resources and support and more.
An optional pre-conference is available on November 4 and offers three tracks:
- Contractor Safety and Health
- Industrial Hygiene/Health
- Workplace Violence
The conference will also include an award presentation for the 40 Year Safe Miner Recognition during the opening session on November 5. Nominations for the Miner Recognition are open until September 19. For details about nominating a miner for the 40 Year Safe Miner Recognition, visit southeastmineconf.org/miner-recognition.php.
For more information about the Southeast Mine Safety & Health Conference, or to register to attend, visit southeastmineconf.org.
From our partners
The new Sandvik Ranger surface drill rig offers renowned drilling efficiency with up to 20% lower fuel consumption
Known to many by their former name, Ranger, Sandvik’s DX series surface top hammer drill rigs all feature a revolving…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Mummified human remains found at the site of a planned quarry in Indiana1163 Views
- A quarry worker was found dead in a lake a week after he fell from a floating dredge1035 Views
- MSHA rolls out new Part 50 training program551 Views
- Senate DRIVE Act is a six-year transportation bill with three-year Highway Trust Fund financing guarantee289 Views
- MSHA highlights second quarter metal/non-metal accidents232 Views