Ledcore, Mainland Sand and Gravel enter long-term supply agreement
Ledcor Resources & Transportation and Mainland Sand and Gravel have announced that the companies have signed a long-term exclusive agreement for marine transportation services.
Under the agreement, Ledcor will haul crushed stone and aggregate from Mainland’s Cox Station Quarry in Abbotsford, British Columbia, Canada, and other riverside storage facilities to their ramps and distribution points along the Fraser River.
“Demand for Mainland Sand and Gravel quality crushed stone and aggregate products continues to grow in the Lower Mainland and along the Georgia Straight,” Mainland Sand & Gravel President Ted Carlson said in a prepared statement, adding that he anticipates Ledcor will meet Mainland’s needs.
Ledcor will also construct six new barges and augment its fleet of tugs before January 1, 2016. Those assets will be dedicated to Mainland Sand and Gravel.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS: Caterpillar unveils new 3-tower HQ campus spanning 6 city blocks in Peoria (VIDEO)347 Views
- Quarry worker safety is a big deal in the U.S., but not everywhere in the world296 Views
- Opportunities for worker recruitment and retention197 Views
- Historical aggregate landmark disappears into Lake Superior162 Views
- Caterpillar “Built For It” Trials video: Cat generator powers Lantern Festival in China’s Yuhu Village147 Views