Ledcore, Mainland Sand and Gravel enter long-term supply agreement
Ledcor Resources & Transportation and Mainland Sand and Gravel have announced that the companies have signed a long-term exclusive agreement for marine transportation services.
Under the agreement, Ledcor will haul crushed stone and aggregate from Mainland’s Cox Station Quarry in Abbotsford, British Columbia, Canada, and other riverside storage facilities to their ramps and distribution points along the Fraser River.
“Demand for Mainland Sand and Gravel quality crushed stone and aggregate products continues to grow in the Lower Mainland and along the Georgia Straight,” Mainland Sand & Gravel President Ted Carlson said in a prepared statement, adding that he anticipates Ledcor will meet Mainland’s needs.
Ledcor will also construct six new barges and augment its fleet of tugs before January 1, 2016. Those assets will be dedicated to Mainland Sand and Gravel.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction launches the newly developed CH540 cone crusher - the latest…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- MSHA issues citations to five metal/non-metal mines during impact inspections in February446 Views
- Holcim shareholders threaten merger plans with Lafarge…again320 Views
- California woman killed when gravel truck tips over on her car210 Views
- Trinity Materials' Indian Village Plant is diggin’ Cajun style176 Views
- Caterpillar intros 735C, 740C EJ, 745C articulated trucks with bevy of powertrain improvements (PHOTOS)172 Views