Ledcore, Mainland Sand and Gravel enter long-term supply agreement
Ledcor Resources & Transportation and Mainland Sand and Gravel have announced that the companies have signed a long-term exclusive agreement for marine transportation services.
Under the agreement, Ledcor will haul crushed stone and aggregate from Mainland’s Cox Station Quarry in Abbotsford, British Columbia, Canada, and other riverside storage facilities to their ramps and distribution points along the Fraser River.
“Demand for Mainland Sand and Gravel quality crushed stone and aggregate products continues to grow in the Lower Mainland and along the Georgia Straight,” Mainland Sand & Gravel President Ted Carlson said in a prepared statement, adding that he anticipates Ledcor will meet Mainland’s needs.
Ledcor will also construct six new barges and augment its fleet of tugs before January 1, 2016. Those assets will be dedicated to Mainland Sand and Gravel.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Two teens dead after falling through ice at quarry743 Views
- CRH emerges as frontrunner for Holcim and Lafarge assets517 Views
- Caterpillar full-year earnings dip with bad 4Q; 2015 doesn't look good either271 Views
- MSHA files more discrimination complaints in 2014 than any other year196 Views
- More sand coming to Carlsbad beaches192 Views