Legistators introduce new mine safety bill to House
Representatives Nick J. Rahall and George Miller have introduced the Robert C. Byrd Mine Safety Protection Act of 2013 (H.R. 1373) to the House, NSSGA reported.
The legislation, intended to increase efforts to protect miners’ health and safety, builds on an unpassing bill Rahall and Miller introduced last year to amend the federal Mine Act Safety and Health Act of 1977 and subsequent laws.
Among the new provisions in the legislation are requirements that mine operators to maintain records of rock dust purchases and MSHA develops a “staffing succession plan to ensure that MSHA retains sufficient numbers of trained personnel to help keep miners safe.”
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Mine worker dies in tragic accident1310 Views
- Update on experienced plant manager killed at Murray Mines1182 Views
- Quarry workers in Egypt risking life and limbs (PHOTOS)1101 Views
- Rare Dinosaur bone found in Colorado quarry886 Views
- VIDEO: Excavator straddles extremely narrow bench, predictably topples over395 Views