Legistators introduce new mine safety bill to House
Representatives Nick J. Rahall and George Miller have introduced the Robert C. Byrd Mine Safety Protection Act of 2013 (H.R. 1373) to the House, NSSGA reported.
The legislation, intended to increase efforts to protect miners’ health and safety, builds on an unpassing bill Rahall and Miller introduced last year to amend the federal Mine Act Safety and Health Act of 1977 and subsequent laws.
Among the new provisions in the legislation are requirements that mine operators to maintain records of rock dust purchases and MSHA develops a “staffing succession plan to ensure that MSHA retains sufficient numbers of trained personnel to help keep miners safe.”
From our partners
Developing a solid relationship with Demolition Technologies Specialized Services enables Crushing Tigers and Sandvik Construction to impact the demolition and…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- House of Representatives passes bill blocking EPA's new Waters of the U.S. rule398 Views
- The Labor Department is auditing MSHA for allegedly failing to collect penalty fines389 Views
- Cat introduces larger sizes of its Tier 4 Final articulated trucks358 Views
- Lafarge CEO awarded $2.78 million bonus for 'key role' in merger338 Views
- Caterpillar intros 336F L XE hybrid excavator: smart pumps, boom work faster, burn less fuel (PHOTOS)311 Views