Legistators introduce new mine safety bill to House
Representatives Nick J. Rahall and George Miller have introduced the Robert C. Byrd Mine Safety Protection Act of 2013 (H.R. 1373) to the House, NSSGA reported.
The legislation, intended to increase efforts to protect miners’ health and safety, builds on an unpassing bill Rahall and Miller introduced last year to amend the federal Mine Act Safety and Health Act of 1977 and subsequent laws.
Among the new provisions in the legislation are requirements that mine operators to maintain records of rock dust purchases and MSHA develops a “staffing succession plan to ensure that MSHA retains sufficient numbers of trained personnel to help keep miners safe.”
From our partners
Sandvik Construction launches the newly developed CH540 cone crusher - the latest…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS: Check out the fun of Fertile Days at Fertile Quarry3186 Views
- PHOTOS, VIDEO: Take a virtual tour of Unimin's underground operation in Guion, Ark.1917 Views
- Sneak peek: Inside Unimin's safety strategies304 Views
- Elderly woman destroys newly poured concrete302 Views
- How to become a more productive worker287 Views