Legistators introduce new mine safety bill to House
Representatives Nick J. Rahall and George Miller have introduced the Robert C. Byrd Mine Safety Protection Act of 2013 (H.R. 1373) to the House, NSSGA reported.
The legislation, intended to increase efforts to protect miners’ health and safety, builds on an unpassing bill Rahall and Miller introduced last year to amend the federal Mine Act Safety and Health Act of 1977 and subsequent laws.
Among the new provisions in the legislation are requirements that mine operators to maintain records of rock dust purchases and MSHA develops a “staffing succession plan to ensure that MSHA retains sufficient numbers of trained personnel to help keep miners safe.”
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS: Cat introduces new track drill432 Views
- Mike Rowe talks about the dirty topic of educating future workers412 Views
- Caterpillar highlights equipment and connectivity at ConExpo-Con/Agg326 Views
- McLanahan Rolls Out Four Key Products198 Views
- Rod Martin receives AggMan of the Year 2013 Award193 Views