Leon Asset Management to acquire granite quarry in Sierra Leone
Leone Asset Management announced yesterday that it has signed a memorandum of understanding (MOU) to acquire the managerial and operational control of an operating 89.4-acre granite quarry in Sierra Leone.
Leone Asset says it intends to complete all final due diligence and complete the acquisition within 10 days of the announcement.
Once the acquisition is completed, The Tosh Group, Ltd., a Leone Asset subsidiary, will gain operational control of the government-appraised asset of more than 25 million tons of granite with a local value of over $800 million. Tosh will receive 75% of the net profits from the operation.
Tosh will send the necessary equipment and managerial expertise to the site and will begin marketing the mined product in the first quarter of 2014.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Sand portrait highlights aggregate industry's sustainability542 Views
- Owner of rock quarry defends himself against park357 Views
- Video: Behind the scenes with Lego Technic's wheel loader R&D288 Views
- Caterpillar leadership sees changes, heads of mining and dealer support announce retirement 273 Views
- Founder of Florida Crushed Stone dies185 Views