Leon Asset Management to acquire granite quarry in Sierra Leone
Leone Asset Management announced yesterday that it has signed a memorandum of understanding (MOU) to acquire the managerial and operational control of an operating 89.4-acre granite quarry in Sierra Leone.
Leone Asset says it intends to complete all final due diligence and complete the acquisition within 10 days of the announcement.
Once the acquisition is completed, The Tosh Group, Ltd., a Leone Asset subsidiary, will gain operational control of the government-appraised asset of more than 25 million tons of granite with a local value of over $800 million. Tosh will receive 75% of the net profits from the operation.
Tosh will send the necessary equipment and managerial expertise to the site and will begin marketing the mined product in the first quarter of 2014.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- MSHA's top 25 most cited standards at sand and gravel facilities in 20151551 Views
- MSHA's top 25 most cited standards at stone facilities in 20151035 Views
- MSHA issues 95 citations to seven mines during December inspections1010 Views
- Obama proposes $10-per-barrel tax on oil production691 Views
- Stockpile Reports launches bin and bunker measurement for stockpiled materials via iPhone, drone409 Views