Leon Asset Management to acquire granite quarry in Sierra Leone
Leone Asset Management announced yesterday that it has signed a memorandum of understanding (MOU) to acquire the managerial and operational control of an operating 89.4-acre granite quarry in Sierra Leone.
Leone Asset says it intends to complete all final due diligence and complete the acquisition within 10 days of the announcement.
Once the acquisition is completed, The Tosh Group, Ltd., a Leone Asset subsidiary, will gain operational control of the government-appraised asset of more than 25 million tons of granite with a local value of over $800 million. Tosh will receive 75% of the net profits from the operation.
Tosh will send the necessary equipment and managerial expertise to the site and will begin marketing the mined product in the first quarter of 2014.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
Manufacturer news: Hlavinka Equipment opens Texas Hlavinda JCB division; Terex Washing Systems appoints new global sales director; Skelly and Loy promotes Aungst to VP of AMS; Luff Industries adds Riddell as territory manager; Caterpillar opens first Data Innovation Lab; Yokohama Tire Corp. will help build eco-friendly playground
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Vulcan Materials to meet August deadline for restoring eastern hillside of Azusa rock quarry476 Views
- MSHA issues serious non-fatal accident alert, best practices in response to water truck accident452 Views
- MSHA Fatality Review Committee determines several fatalities are chargeable to the mining industry319 Views
- Excavator explodes into flames after engine malfunction on New York jobsite (VIDEO)280 Views
- Eric Olsen appointed future CEO of Lafarge Holcim merger254 Views