Leone Asset Management to acquire second granite quarry in Sierra Leone
The company announced in January that it had signed an MOU for managerial and operational control of an operating 89.4-acre granite quarry in the country.
Leone Asset President Tony Khodadad said the new location has about 400 acres of granite.
He added that the agreement gives the company a 25-year lease with an option to renew for another 25 years at the end of the term, as well as 80 percent of the profits generated from the quarry.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction’s extensive range of rock tools are world renowned for combining advanced materials technology, with skillful design focusing on…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS: Reclamation photo contest entries showcase post-mining opportunities631 Views
- Location is key for Dolese Bros. Co.'s Davis Quarry430 Views
- Loader operator dies after sand avalanche at Massachusetts sand and gravel company430 Views
- A total of 27 states have sued the Obama administration over the new EPA water rule393 Views
- Fireworks are being blamed for a fire at a Montana quarry387 Views