Liberty Tire Recycling appoints VP of asphalt products
Pittsburgh-based Liberty Tire Recycling appointed Douglas D. Carlson as vice president of asphalt products.
In his new role, Carlson will help cfocus on the emerging market of rubber asphalt.
A recognized expert in the use of rubberized asphalt, tire recycling and granulated tire rubber in engineering materials, Carlson has held a number of executive and managerial positions during his career. This includes his most recent position as the director of the Rubber Pavement Association. In the last decade , he has authored 12 published reports on a variety of rubberized asphalt-related topics.
Crumb rubber comprises 15- to 22-percent of the mix in rubberized asphalt, and Liberty Tire Recycling produces crumb rubber at a number of its facilities across North America. The company has the capacity to produce more than 250 million pounds of crumb rubber per year.
Rubberized asphalt represents a value proposition to cities and towns, because it is considerably less costly to maintain than traditional paving material. It is also safer and quieter. Rubberized asphalt produces greater skid resistance, decreases splash and spray in wet conditions, and reduces noise levels. Moreover, rubber asphalt is an ecologically friendly alternative to traditional road surfaces, because it consumes scrap tires that might have otherwise ended up in a landfill or dump.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction launches the newly developed CH540 cone crusher - the latest…
MORE FROM Manufacturers News
Manufacturer news: McLanahan hosts first Frac Sand Processing School in Wisconsin; The Volvo Group sponsors Ocean Summit on Marine Debris; CEMA publishes 7th Edition Belt Conveyors for Bulk Materials; Superior Industries acquires Clemro Western Ltd.; Metso launches new global website; Xylem launches new online interactive dewatering platform; Eriez offers 5-Star Service Program; JCB Finance enters partnership with Bank of the West
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Lower oil prices send mixed signals to frac sand producers294 Views
- Legislation stopping proposed Waters of the U.S. rule passes Transportation and Infrastructure committee with bipartisan support178 Views
- Bipartisan highway bill would tie federal gas tax to inflation, create transportation commission177 Views
- Lafarge and Holcim announce U.S. asset divestments required by Federal Trade Commission for merger144 Views
- Eagle Scout project rebuilds DeSoto State Park hiking trail from stone found in old quarry at park144 Views