Liberty Tire Recycling sponsors summer river cleanup events
Pittsburgh-based Liberty Tire Recycling, a provider of tire recycling services in North America, is sponsoring four large-scale river cleanup events in the coming months for Clinton County CleanScapes (CCC), a non-profit organization dedicated to helping citizens clean up the waterways and landscapes in Pennsylvania’s Clinton and Lycoming counties. Here is a breakdown of the summer cleanup events and their locations:
- July 23: West Branch Susquehanna River – 8th Annual West Branch River Cleanup (Woodward Township, Lock Haven, Clinton County, PA)
- August 5: Bald Eagle Creek: 2nd Annual Tire Removal Float (Castanea, Clinton County, Pa.)
- August 13: West Branch Susquehanna River – 5th Pine Creek to Jersey Shore (Jersey Shore, Lycoming County, Pa.)
- September 10: West Branch Susquehanna River – 3rd Annual Great Island Adventure, (Woodward Township, Lock Haven, Clinton County, Pa.)
“At Liberty Tire Recycling, we are pleased to be able to support CCC in these upcoming tire cleanup events,” said Kurt Meyer, vice president of sales and marketing for Liberty Tire Recycling, in a written press statement. “CCC does important work, and we applaud them for their efforts across Clinton and Lycoming counties in recovering thousands of scrap tires that sit at the bottoms of our streams and rivers. Those tires might otherwise end up in a landfill.”
Elisabeth McCoy, project director for CCC, says her organization is “thrilled that Liberty Tire Recycling has chosen to support us in our upcoming cleanup events as we work to provide our community members and visitors with a safer and more viable place to live, work and play.
“CCC strives to take on the most challenging of sites, and to the best of our knowledge, we are the only organization in Pennsylvania that specializes in annual waterway tire removal events,” McCoy continued.
In its 11 years of service to Clinton and Lycoming counties, CCC has hosted 81 cleanup events, worked with more than 2,000 volunteers, removed 913 tons of waste, recovered 7,316 tires and removed nearly 21 tons of scrap metal.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction’s extensive range of rock tools are world renowned for combining advanced materials technology, with skillful design focusing on…
MORE FROM Manufacturers News
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS: Reclamation photo contest entries showcase post-mining opportunities456 Views
- Loader operator dies after sand avalanche at Massachusetts sand and gravel company412 Views
- Location is key for Dolese Bros. Co.'s Davis Quarry401 Views
- The final Waters of the U.S. rule has been released to the Federal Register374 Views
- A total of 27 states have sued the Obama administration over the new EPA water rule338 Views