Liebherr looks to grow in the U.S. market
Liebherr’s theme for ConExpo-Con/Agg 2014 (Booth 2155, Gold Lot) is “Meet Innovation. Discover Diversity.”
“In a nutshell, that’s what our guests will see when they visit our extensive range of Liebherr equipment,” says Stefan Heissler, member of the board of directors, Liebherr-International AG. “We have more than 20 machines and equipment simulators for multiple industries and job applications on show this year.”
Equipment of particular interest to the aggregates industry includes the following:
- The A924 wheeled excavator. The unit is Tier 4i compliant and features a new, enlarged cab. The excavator has a 13-foot, 7-inch hydraulically adjustable boom, 10-foot stick, 1.5 cubic yard bucket, and four-point outriggers.
- The R956 crawler excavator has a redesigned x-frame undercarriage in a standard earthmoving configuration. The 122,000-pound machine has a 6-cylinder, 326-horsepower, Tier 4i diesel engine. Equipment options include different lengths of gooseneck booms, as well as two-piece booms and front-shovel attachments. A new tooth system can be used on the attachments to match various soil types.Three undercarriage options — the typical earthmoving LC and the heavy-duty HD and S-HD — are available for quarry operations.
- The PR736 dozer, making its U.S. debut, features a Tier 4 Final diesel engine that only requires SCR. It is the first of the company’s new Generation 6 models, which focus on higher efficiency, reduced fuel consumption, and lower carbon dioxide emissions. A new Eco-function system allows the operator to choose between high performance and maximum economy, then automatically adjusts the elements in the stepless hydrostatic driveline to the most fuel-efficient settings.
- The L556 wheel loader features Liebherr’s standard build.The L566Z has an operating weight of 39,460 pounds. It is equipped with a 4.7-cubic-yard bucket and is powered by a 188 horsepower, Tier 4i engine.
The company will focus on growing its dealer network to facilitate an increased presence in the U.S. market.
“We streamlined our organization with a main focus on sales and product support to ensure that we maintain and strengthen our partnership with dealers and customers,” says Peter Mayr, president, Liebherr Construction Equipment Co. “This restructuring will position us well as we move forward toward expanding our distribution in the United States. We intend to dramatically expand our distribution network over the next five years.”
From our partners
Sandvik Construction launches the newly developed CH540 cone crusher - the latest…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
Manufacturer news: Hlavinka Equipment opens Texas Hlavinda JCB division; Terex Washing Systems appoints new global sales director; Skelly and Loy promotes Aungst to VP of AMS; Luff Industries adds Riddell as territory manager; Caterpillar opens first Data Innovation Lab; Yokohama Tire Corp. will help build eco-friendly playground
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Vulcan Materials to meet August deadline for restoring eastern hillside of Azusa rock quarry475 Views
- MSHA issues serious non-fatal accident alert, best practices in response to water truck accident452 Views
- MSHA Fatality Review Committee determines several fatalities are chargeable to the mining industry313 Views
- Excavator explodes into flames after engine malfunction on New York jobsite (VIDEO)279 Views
- Eric Olsen appointed future CEO of Lafarge Holcim merger254 Views