Lincoln Electric adds new model to advanced process welders line
Weld thicker materials with Lincoln Electric’s Power Wave S500 advanced process welder, which has more than 65 standard welding waveforms for optimized arc performance in specific applications, and powers Stick, DC TIG, Pulsed DC TIG, MIG, Pulsed MIG and Flux-Cored processes, including Pulse-on-Pulse, Power Mode, RapidArc and Rapid X. The Power Wave S500 is rated at 450 amps, 36.5 volts at 100-percent duty cycle and a max of 550 amps, 41.5 volts at 40-percent duty cycle, with an output range of 5 to 550 amps.
New hardware and software enhancements include iARC digital welding controls, which are more than 10 times faster than the previous generation controls; Integrated PowerConnect Technology, which automatically adjusts input power; CheckPoint and Production Monitoring 2.2, which enables welding operational data viewing on devices that include desktop computers, laptop computers, iPhones, iPads and more. Welding waveform and firmware upgrades can be obtained via a standard Ethernet connection. The modular unit can also be used with the optional Surface Tension Transfer Module or the Cool Arc 55 water cooler module, as well as transitioned into automated applications.
MORE FROM Manufacturers News
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- What to expect at the 2014 ConExpo-Con/Agg show257 Views
- Follow these best practices for safe crushing operations254 Views
- 25 Days of RollOuts: Atlas Copco’s bucket crushers243 Views
- 25 Days of RollOuts: Caterpillar’s 988K wheel loader177 Views
- Komatsu's WA1200-6 wheel loader offers more horsepower, lower costs175 Views