Lincoln Electric adds new model to advanced process welders line
Weld thicker materials with Lincoln Electric’s Power Wave S500 advanced process welder, which has more than 65 standard welding waveforms for optimized arc performance in specific applications, and powers Stick, DC TIG, Pulsed DC TIG, MIG, Pulsed MIG and Flux-Cored processes, including Pulse-on-Pulse, Power Mode, RapidArc and Rapid X. The Power Wave S500 is rated at 450 amps, 36.5 volts at 100-percent duty cycle and a max of 550 amps, 41.5 volts at 40-percent duty cycle, with an output range of 5 to 550 amps.
New hardware and software enhancements include iARC digital welding controls, which are more than 10 times faster than the previous generation controls; Integrated PowerConnect Technology, which automatically adjusts input power; CheckPoint and Production Monitoring 2.2, which enables welding operational data viewing on devices that include desktop computers, laptop computers, iPhones, iPads and more. Welding waveform and firmware upgrades can be obtained via a standard Ethernet connection. The modular unit can also be used with the optional Surface Tension Transfer Module or the Cool Arc 55 water cooler module, as well as transitioned into automated applications.
From our partners
MORE FROM Manufacturers News
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- VIDEO: Caterpillar builds world’s tallest sand castle, then destroys it 897 Views
- Sand saves a construction worker's life491 Views
- Last second Christmas gift ideas for construction workers288 Views
- Congress passes $1.1 trillion spending bill; cuts billions from federal construction accounts167 Views
- Get operations off to a good start with sound mine planning154 Views