Lincoln Electric adds new model to advanced process welders line
Weld thicker materials with Lincoln Electric’s Power Wave S500 advanced process welder, which has more than 65 standard welding waveforms for optimized arc performance in specific applications, and powers Stick, DC TIG, Pulsed DC TIG, MIG, Pulsed MIG and Flux-Cored processes, including Pulse-on-Pulse, Power Mode, RapidArc and Rapid X. The Power Wave S500 is rated at 450 amps, 36.5 volts at 100-percent duty cycle and a max of 550 amps, 41.5 volts at 40-percent duty cycle, with an output range of 5 to 550 amps.
New hardware and software enhancements include iARC digital welding controls, which are more than 10 times faster than the previous generation controls; Integrated PowerConnect Technology, which automatically adjusts input power; CheckPoint and Production Monitoring 2.2, which enables welding operational data viewing on devices that include desktop computers, laptop computers, iPhones, iPads and more. Welding waveform and firmware upgrades can be obtained via a standard Ethernet connection. The modular unit can also be used with the optional Surface Tension Transfer Module or the Cool Arc 55 water cooler module, as well as transitioned into automated applications.
From our partners
Developing a solid relationship with Demolition Technologies Specialized Services enables Crushing Tigers and Sandvik Construction to impact the demolition and…
MORE FROM Manufacturers News
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- House of Representatives passes bill blocking EPA's new Waters of the U.S. rule398 Views
- Cat introduces larger sizes of its Tier 4 Final articulated trucks341 Views
- The Labor Department is auditing MSHA for allegedly failing to collect penalty fines315 Views
- Caterpillar intros 336F L XE hybrid excavator: smart pumps, boom work faster, burn less fuel (PHOTOS)291 Views
- Cat backs up claims of fuel efficiency with a guarantee218 Views