Lisa Jackson steps down as EPA administrator, no successor named
Lisa Jackson, administrator for the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) told the agency on Dec. 27 that she is leaving her position, according to a report from the National Stone, Sand & Gravel Association (NSSGA),
No successor was immediately named, NSSGA reported, although it is expected that Robert Perciasepe, the EPA deputy administrator, will take over, at least temporarily.
Perciasepe was an EPA official under President Clinton and served as chief operating officer at the National Audubon Society, according to the EPA.
No official statement about Jackson’s resignation had been posted to the EPA website at the time of this posting.
NSSGA says in a Jan. 2 Special Legislative Update, that the next EPA administrator nominee “faces a difficult confirmation process” because Republicans have offered strong opposition to EPA’s regulatory agenda under Jackson.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction launches the newly developed CH540 cone crusher - the latest…
MORE FROM Aggregates Insider
Manufacturer news: McLanahan hosts first Frac Sand Processing School in Wisconsin; The Volvo Group sponsors Ocean Summit on Marine Debris; CEMA publishes 7th Edition Belt Conveyors for Bulk Materials; Superior Industries acquires Clemro Western Ltd.; Metso launches new global website; Xylem launches new online interactive dewatering platform; Eriez offers 5-Star Service Program; JCB Finance enters partnership with Bank of the West
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Lower oil prices send mixed signals to frac sand producers294 Views
- Legislation stopping proposed Waters of the U.S. rule passes Transportation and Infrastructure committee with bipartisan support178 Views
- Bipartisan highway bill would tie federal gas tax to inflation, create transportation commission177 Views
- Lafarge and Holcim announce U.S. asset divestments required by Federal Trade Commission for merger142 Views
- Eagle Scout project rebuilds DeSoto State Park hiking trail from stone found in old quarry at park142 Views