Luck Stone drops suit against Powhatan County
Luck Stone Corporation has withdrawn a pending lawsuit against Powhatan County, Virginia, according to a report from Powhatan Today.
The Powhatan County Board of Supervisors unanimously decided last week to accept the withdrawal, allowing Luck Stone and Powhatan Plaza LLC to refile a rezoning request.
The Richmond law firm of Troutman Sanders LLP filed a suit on Luck Stone’s behalf against Powhatan County on February 5 because the company believed the county improperly denied a zoning request for property Luck Stone owns.
Luck Stone wants 14.57 acres of its 19.53-acre property to be rezoned. Those 14.57 acres have various zonings.
The company withdrew the lawsuit on September 16.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction launches the newly developed CH540 cone crusher - the latest…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Two teens dead after falling through ice at quarry742 Views
- CRH emerges as frontrunner for Holcim and Lafarge assets540 Views
- Caterpillar full-year earnings dip with bad 4Q; 2015 doesn't look good either282 Views
- MSHA files more discrimination complaints in 2014 than any other year278 Views
- A. Colarusso and Son acquires Holcim land in NY124 Views