Luck Stone drops suit against Powhatan County
Luck Stone Corporation has withdrawn a pending lawsuit against Powhatan County, Virginia, according to a report from Powhatan Today.
The Powhatan County Board of Supervisors unanimously decided last week to accept the withdrawal, allowing Luck Stone and Powhatan Plaza LLC to refile a rezoning request.
The Richmond law firm of Troutman Sanders LLP filed a suit on Luck Stone’s behalf against Powhatan County on February 5 because the company believed the county improperly denied a zoning request for property Luck Stone owns.
Luck Stone wants 14.57 acres of its 19.53-acre property to be rezoned. Those 14.57 acres have various zonings.
The company withdrew the lawsuit on September 16.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction launches the newly developed CH540 cone crusher - the latest…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
Manufacturer news: McLanahan hosts first Frac Sand Processing School in Wisconsin; The Volvo Group sponsors Ocean Summit on Marine Debris; CEMA publishes 7th Edition Belt Conveyors for Bulk Materials; Superior Industries acquires Clemro Western Ltd.; Metso launches new global website; Xylem launches new online interactive dewatering platform; Eriez offers 5-Star Service Program; JCB Finance enters partnership with Bank of the West
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Lower oil prices send mixed signals to frac sand producers293 Views
- Legislation stopping proposed Waters of the U.S. rule passes Transportation and Infrastructure committee with bipartisan support178 Views
- Bipartisan highway bill would tie federal gas tax to inflation, create transportation commission177 Views
- Lafarge and Holcim announce U.S. asset divestments required by Federal Trade Commission for merger142 Views
- Eagle Scout project rebuilds DeSoto State Park hiking trail from stone found in old quarry at park140 Views