Luck Stone drops suit against Powhatan County
Luck Stone Corporation has withdrawn a pending lawsuit against Powhatan County, Virginia, according to a report from Powhatan Today.
The Powhatan County Board of Supervisors unanimously decided last week to accept the withdrawal, allowing Luck Stone and Powhatan Plaza LLC to refile a rezoning request.
The Richmond law firm of Troutman Sanders LLP filed a suit on Luck Stone’s behalf against Powhatan County on February 5 because the company believed the county improperly denied a zoning request for property Luck Stone owns.
Luck Stone wants 14.57 acres of its 19.53-acre property to be rezoned. Those 14.57 acres have various zonings.
The company withdrew the lawsuit on September 16.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Miner suspended upside down pulled to safety by his pant legs709 Views
- MSHA and NSSGA release new infographic about material handling injuries278 Views
- Cat 6015B hydraulic shovel offers increased power, more loading capacity220 Views
- Obama signs two-week transportation patch into law218 Views
- Democratic senators call for shorter highway bill in order to maximize funding209 Views