Luck Stone drops suit against Powhatan County
Luck Stone Corporation has withdrawn a pending lawsuit against Powhatan County, Virginia, according to a report from Powhatan Today.
The Powhatan County Board of Supervisors unanimously decided last week to accept the withdrawal, allowing Luck Stone and Powhatan Plaza LLC to refile a rezoning request.
The Richmond law firm of Troutman Sanders LLP filed a suit on Luck Stone’s behalf against Powhatan County on February 5 because the company believed the county improperly denied a zoning request for property Luck Stone owns.
Luck Stone wants 14.57 acres of its 19.53-acre property to be rezoned. Those 14.57 acres have various zonings.
The company withdrew the lawsuit on September 16.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction’s extensive range of rock tools are world renowned for combining advanced materials technology, with skillful design focusing on…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Southwest Rock Products' Queen Creek plant wins Top Operations contest389 Views
- Metal and nonmetal mines get a total of 61 citations during August MSHA inspections373 Views
- Hanson Building Products acquires Minnesota concrete company333 Views
- Frac sand 101: What does it take to enter the high-value frac sand market and what does it mean for aggregate producers?317 Views
- Tips for meeting MSHA's tougher criteria for workplace examinations308 Views