Luck Stone receives NIOSH Mine Safety and Health Technology Innovations award
The National Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) on Thursday honored Luck Stone for the company’s efforts to improve operator safety.
NIOSH presented Luck Stone with its inaugural Mine Safety and Health Technology Innovations for the stone, sand and gravel sector, during the National Stone, Sand and Gravel Association’s (NSSGA) Annual Convention General Session in Las Vegas.
Luck won the award because of its recent technological innovation aimed at improving safety by modifying a Cat 988G loader to allow the machine operator to choose between operating the loader traditionally from the cab or remotely. The remote-control (RC) loader was necessary to protect operators of pit loaders, who face risks including loading a muck pile with a boulder on top or performing certain scaling operations.
“Luck Stone exhibited genuine leadership in going above and beyond mandatory requirements to utilize technology to reduce hazards,” said Jeffrey Kohler, Ph.D., NIOSH Associate Director of Mining, and Director of the Office of Miner Safety and Health Research.
To read more about Luck Stone’s RC loader, click here.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
Manufacturer news: McLanahan hosts first Frac Sand Processing School in Wisconsin; The Volvo Group sponsors Ocean Summit on Marine Debris; CEMA publishes 7th Edition Belt Conveyors for Bulk Materials; Superior Industries acquires Clemro Western Ltd.; Metso launches new global website; Xylem launches new online interactive dewatering platform; Eriez offers 5-Star Service Program; JCB Finance enters partnership with Bank of the West
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Legislation stopping proposed Waters of the U.S. rule passes Transportation and Infrastructure committee with bipartisan support179 Views
- Bipartisan highway bill would tie federal gas tax to inflation, create transportation commission177 Views
- Eagle Scout project rebuilds DeSoto State Park hiking trail from stone found in old quarry at park163 Views
- Lafarge and Holcim announce U.S. asset divestments required by Federal Trade Commission for merger148 Views
- Missouri man arrested for burglary of quarry and gun range113 Views