Luck Stone receives NIOSH Mine Safety and Health Technology Innovations award
The National Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) on Thursday honored Luck Stone for the company’s efforts to improve operator safety.
NIOSH presented Luck Stone with its inaugural Mine Safety and Health Technology Innovations for the stone, sand and gravel sector, during the National Stone, Sand and Gravel Association’s (NSSGA) Annual Convention General Session in Las Vegas.
Luck won the award because of its recent technological innovation aimed at improving safety by modifying a Cat 988G loader to allow the machine operator to choose between operating the loader traditionally from the cab or remotely. The remote-control (RC) loader was necessary to protect operators of pit loaders, who face risks including loading a muck pile with a boulder on top or performing certain scaling operations.
“Luck Stone exhibited genuine leadership in going above and beyond mandatory requirements to utilize technology to reduce hazards,” said Jeffrey Kohler, Ph.D., NIOSH Associate Director of Mining, and Director of the Office of Miner Safety and Health Research.
To read more about Luck Stone’s RC loader, click here.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction’s extensive range of rock tools are world renowned for combining advanced materials technology, with skillful design focusing on…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- House of Representatives passes bill blocking EPA's new Waters of the U.S. rule400 Views
- The Labor Department is auditing MSHA for allegedly failing to collect penalty fines387 Views
- Cat introduces larger sizes of its Tier 4 Final articulated trucks358 Views
- Lafarge CEO awarded $2.78 million bonus for 'key role' in merger319 Views
- Caterpillar intros 336F L XE hybrid excavator: smart pumps, boom work faster, burn less fuel (PHOTOS)305 Views