Lyndon Township delays sand and gravel mine for 6 months
A proposed sand and gravel mine in Chelsea, Michigan is on hold for six months.
The Lyndon Township’s Planning Commission, which is reviewing the proposed mine, has delayed the special land use application for six months, WEMU reports.
McCoig Materials would operate the sand and gravel mine at an area across from Green Lake.
Some residents oppose the mine, citing concerns about water resources in the area and truck traffic in downtown Chelsea.
WEMU notes that McCoig’s response to the planning commission’s written questions will be available to the public this week.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Man hit by front-end loader dies in quarry accident1287 Views
- PHOTOS: Rare prehistoric mammoth found at sand and gravel pit1048 Views
- What should be done with this big pile of sand?696 Views
- Watch this: Dredging at Teichert's Hallwood Plant533 Views
- North America sand market to see big growth494 Views