Lyndon Township delays sand and gravel mine for 6 months
A proposed sand and gravel mine in Chelsea, Michigan is on hold for six months.
The Lyndon Township’s Planning Commission, which is reviewing the proposed mine, has delayed the special land use application for six months, WEMU reports.
McCoig Materials would operate the sand and gravel mine at an area across from Green Lake.
Some residents oppose the mine, citing concerns about water resources in the area and truck traffic in downtown Chelsea.
WEMU notes that McCoig’s response to the planning commission’s written questions will be available to the public this week.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Worker airlifted to hospital after accident with rock crusher526 Views
- Cat rolls out its 6020B hydraulic shovel, matches 777G haul trucks364 Views
- Unexpected sand and gravel causes rollover accident344 Views
- Buffalo Crushed Stone cited for pollution174 Views
- Eliminate the fat and increase profits through lean processing165 Views