Lyndon Township delays sand and gravel mine for 6 months
A proposed sand and gravel mine in Chelsea, Michigan is on hold for six months.
The Lyndon Township’s Planning Commission, which is reviewing the proposed mine, has delayed the special land use application for six months, WEMU reports.
McCoig Materials would operate the sand and gravel mine at an area across from Green Lake.
Some residents oppose the mine, citing concerns about water resources in the area and truck traffic in downtown Chelsea.
WEMU notes that McCoig’s response to the planning commission’s written questions will be available to the public this week.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS: Rock & Run 2014 was full of fun for everyone628 Views
- Mine expansion leaving MnDOT up a creek without a paddle372 Views
- OSHA cites Nebraska sand and gravel company345 Views
- How to stay safe while working with a small or short-handed crew159 Views
- The Underground World Wide Web: A new use for abandoned mines155 Views