Lyndon Township delays sand and gravel mine for 6 months
A proposed sand and gravel mine in Chelsea, Michigan is on hold for six months.
The Lyndon Township’s Planning Commission, which is reviewing the proposed mine, has delayed the special land use application for six months, WEMU reports.
McCoig Materials would operate the sand and gravel mine at an area across from Green Lake.
Some residents oppose the mine, citing concerns about water resources in the area and truck traffic in downtown Chelsea.
WEMU notes that McCoig’s response to the planning commission’s written questions will be available to the public this week.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- VIDEO: Caterpillar builds world’s tallest sand castle, then destroys it 884 Views
- Sand saves a construction worker's life464 Views
- Last second Christmas gift ideas for construction workers216 Views
- Martin Marietta gives thousands to charity during the holidays188 Views
- Congress passes $1.1 trillion spending bill; cuts billions from federal construction accounts164 Views