Lyndon Township delays sand and gravel mine for 6 months
A proposed sand and gravel mine in Chelsea, Michigan is on hold for six months.
The Lyndon Township’s Planning Commission, which is reviewing the proposed mine, has delayed the special land use application for six months, WEMU reports.
McCoig Materials would operate the sand and gravel mine at an area across from Green Lake.
Some residents oppose the mine, citing concerns about water resources in the area and truck traffic in downtown Chelsea.
WEMU notes that McCoig’s response to the planning commission’s written questions will be available to the public this week.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Miner suspended upside down pulled to safety by his pant legs717 Views
- MSHA and NSSGA release new infographic about material handling injuries288 Views
- Obama signs two-week transportation patch into law219 Views
- Democratic senators call for shorter highway bill in order to maximize funding219 Views
- Caterpillar to close Kentucky plant, cut 50 jobs202 Views