Lyndon Township to vote on proposed sand and gravel mine
One company is seeking permission to mine for sand and gravel in Chelsea, Michigan.
The site, proposed by McCoig Materials, would be located in the township of Lyndon, Michigan Radio reports.
Township officials are scheduled to vote on the proposed mine next month.
The site faces opposition by residents and others who are concerned about water resources in the area and truck traffic in downtown Chelsea.
From our partners
Developing a solid relationship with Demolition Technologies Specialized Services enables Crushing Tigers…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Sand portrait highlights aggregate industry's sustainability671 Views
- Vulcan makes several changes to its organizational structure545 Views
- Rocker Bob Seger rips Wisconsin mine plan in new song [Audio]520 Views
- 20-year-old killed at sand and gravel mill391 Views
- Caterpillar leadership sees changes, heads of mining and dealer support announce retirement 261 Views