Lyndon Township to vote on proposed sand and gravel mine
One company is seeking permission to mine for sand and gravel in Chelsea, Michigan.
The site, proposed by McCoig Materials, would be located in the township of Lyndon, Michigan Radio reports.
Township officials are scheduled to vote on the proposed mine next month.
The site faces opposition by residents and others who are concerned about water resources in the area and truck traffic in downtown Chelsea.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction’s extensive range of rock tools are world renowned for combining…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS: Caterpillar unveils new 3-tower HQ campus spanning 6 city blocks in Peoria (VIDEO)1599 Views
- Hamm, Inc. receives reclamation award344 Views
- Brad Powell named IMAA 2014 “Miner of the Year”262 Views
- Opportunities for worker recruitment and retention176 Views
- Minnesota county considers a frac-sand mining ban128 Views