Lyndon Township to vote on proposed sand and gravel mine
One company is seeking permission to mine for sand and gravel in Chelsea, Michigan.
The site, proposed by McCoig Materials, would be located in the township of Lyndon, Michigan Radio reports.
Township officials are scheduled to vote on the proposed mine next month.
The site faces opposition by residents and others who are concerned about water resources in the area and truck traffic in downtown Chelsea.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction’s extensive range of rock tools are world renowned for combining…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- 20-year-old killed at sand and gravel mill868 Views
- Sand portrait highlights aggregate industry's sustainability627 Views
- Rocker Bob Seger rips Wisconsin mine plan in new song [Audio]565 Views
- Vulcan makes several changes to its organizational structure562 Views
- Sand thieves targeting the world's beaches288 Views