Lyndon Township to vote on proposed sand and gravel mine
One company is seeking permission to mine for sand and gravel in Chelsea, Michigan.
The site, proposed by McCoig Materials, would be located in the township of Lyndon, Michigan Radio reports.
Township officials are scheduled to vote on the proposed mine next month.
The site faces opposition by residents and others who are concerned about water resources in the area and truck traffic in downtown Chelsea.
From our partners
Developing a solid relationship with Demolition Technologies Specialized Services enables Crushing Tigers and Sandvik Construction to impact the demolition and…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Mummified human remains found at the site of a planned quarry in Indiana1167 Views
- MSHA rolls out new Part 50 training program598 Views
- Caterpillar splits with Navistar, will design and build its own vocational trucks in Texas386 Views
- MSHA highlights second quarter metal/non-metal accidents291 Views
- A quarry worker was found dead in a lake a week after he fell from a floating dredge279 Views