Main Highlights MSHA Milestones
The revamped Small Mines Consulting Program (SMCP) has helped smaller operations to comply with regulations. MSHA recently asked state aggregates associations to host a visit from the SMCP at an aggregates facility in order to demonstrate its compliance assistance tools.
The reinstatement of the pre-assessment conference has made a huge difference to aggregates operations as well. Once again, operations are able to resolve issues at the district level without resorting to litigation.
“I think the overriding message is that we’re moving in the right direction,” Main says. “We realize there’s more that needs to be done, and that we can do, but if you look at where we are, we’re making a positive difference.”
MORE FROM Aggman Newsletter
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Former gravel quarry-turned-landfill transforms into nature reserve519 Views
- North Carolina grants Martin Marietta water quality certification for limestone quarry256 Views
- Vulcan-blocking bill dies in Alabama legislature247 Views
- Road restrictions may stop quarry construction in Kentucky212 Views
- Two suspects charged with arson in Jack’s Mountain Quarry case in Virginia126 Views