Maine man arrested for trespassing, observing rock blasting
A Maine man was arrested last weekend for trespassing on a Westbrook quarry site.
The Associated Press reported 53-year-old Warren Knight was arrested Saturday on a charge of criminal trespassing on Central Maine Power Company property.
Knight, who owns a family farm near the site, has opposed the quarry for years. He said he was observing Pike Industries rock blasting. The AP reported that Knight said “he wanted to see and feel what the blasts were like.”
Knight was arrested when he refused to leave the property.
Pike officials told the AP they are complying with legal obligations.
From our partners
Developing a solid relationship with Demolition Technologies Specialized Services enables Crushing Tigers and Sandvik Construction to impact the demolition and…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Southwest Rock Products' Queen Creek plant wins Top Operations contest376 Views
- MSHA gives out $8.4 million to 47 states for mine safety and health training331 Views
- Frac sand 101: What does it take to enter the high-value frac sand market and what does it mean for aggregate producers?329 Views
- Hanson Building Products acquires Minnesota concrete company315 Views
- Tips for meeting MSHA's tougher criteria for workplace examinations296 Views