Maine man arrested for trespassing, observing rock blasting
A Maine man was arrested last weekend for trespassing on a Westbrook quarry site.
The Associated Press reported 53-year-old Warren Knight was arrested Saturday on a charge of criminal trespassing on Central Maine Power Company property.
Knight, who owns a family farm near the site, has opposed the quarry for years. He said he was observing Pike Industries rock blasting. The AP reported that Knight said “he wanted to see and feel what the blasts were like.”
Knight was arrested when he refused to leave the property.
Pike officials told the AP they are complying with legal obligations.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Quarry explosion damages homes and cars and injures one person953 Views
- Lafarge CEO awarded $2.78 million bonus for 'key role' in merger394 Views
- The Labor Department is auditing MSHA for allegedly failing to collect penalty fines393 Views
- Caterpillar intros 336F L XE hybrid excavator: smart pumps, boom work faster, burn less fuel (PHOTOS)343 Views
- Lafarge, Holcim announce job cuts ahead of merger238 Views