Maine man arrested for trespassing, observing rock blasting
A Maine man was arrested last weekend for trespassing on a Westbrook quarry site.
The Associated Press reported 53-year-old Warren Knight was arrested Saturday on a charge of criminal trespassing on Central Maine Power Company property.
Knight, who owns a family farm near the site, has opposed the quarry for years. He said he was observing Pike Industries rock blasting. The AP reported that Knight said “he wanted to see and feel what the blasts were like.”
Knight was arrested when he refused to leave the property.
Pike officials told the AP they are complying with legal obligations.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction launches the newly developed CH540 cone crusher - the latest crusher in a market-leading series. The all new…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- MSHA rolls out new Part 50 training program616 Views
- Caterpillar splits with Navistar, will design and build its own vocational trucks in Texas413 Views
- MSHA highlights second quarter metal/non-metal accidents296 Views
- Mummified human remains found at the site of a planned quarry in Indiana277 Views
- Lafarge NA sells $450 million in assets to Summit Materials244 Views