Maine man arrested for trespassing, observing rock blasting
A Maine man was arrested last weekend for trespassing on a Westbrook quarry site.
The Associated Press reported 53-year-old Warren Knight was arrested Saturday on a charge of criminal trespassing on Central Maine Power Company property.
Knight, who owns a family farm near the site, has opposed the quarry for years. He said he was observing Pike Industries rock blasting. The AP reported that Knight said “he wanted to see and feel what the blasts were like.”
Knight was arrested when he refused to leave the property.
Pike officials told the AP they are complying with legal obligations.
From our partners
The new Sandvik Ranger surface drill rig offers renowned drilling efficiency with up to 20% lower fuel consumption
Known to many by their former name, Ranger, Sandvik’s DX series surface…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS: Rock & Run 2014 was full of fun for everyone621 Views
- Mine expansion leaving MnDOT up a creek without a paddle422 Views
- OSHA cites Nebraska sand and gravel company345 Views
- How to stay safe while working with a small or short-handed crew163 Views
- The Underground World Wide Web: A new use for abandoned mines155 Views