Maine man arrested for trespassing, observing rock blasting
A Maine man was arrested last weekend for trespassing on a Westbrook quarry site.
The Associated Press reported 53-year-old Warren Knight was arrested Saturday on a charge of criminal trespassing on Central Maine Power Company property.
Knight, who owns a family farm near the site, has opposed the quarry for years. He said he was observing Pike Industries rock blasting. The AP reported that Knight said “he wanted to see and feel what the blasts were like.”
Knight was arrested when he refused to leave the property.
Pike officials told the AP they are complying with legal obligations.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
Manufacturer news: McLanahan hosts first Frac Sand Processing School in Wisconsin; The Volvo Group sponsors Ocean Summit on Marine Debris; CEMA publishes 7th Edition Belt Conveyors for Bulk Materials; Superior Industries acquires Clemro Western Ltd.; Metso launches new global website; Xylem launches new online interactive dewatering platform; Eriez offers 5-Star Service Program; JCB Finance enters partnership with Bank of the West
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Legislation stopping proposed Waters of the U.S. rule passes Transportation and Infrastructure committee with bipartisan support179 Views
- Bipartisan highway bill would tie federal gas tax to inflation, create transportation commission177 Views
- Eagle Scout project rebuilds DeSoto State Park hiking trail from stone found in old quarry at park163 Views
- Lafarge and Holcim announce U.S. asset divestments required by Federal Trade Commission for merger148 Views
- Missouri man arrested for burglary of quarry and gun range113 Views