Major Wire Industries: Double-Weave woven wire
Double-Weave woven wire from Montreal-based Major Wire Industries Limited is constructed of two, side-by-side, lighter-gauge wires to outperform heavy-gauge, single-strand woven wire and perforated punch plate in high-impact applications.
Impact from large aggregate material can cause screen breakage with even the heaviest single wire gauges. Woven with two smaller-diameter wires, Double-Weave screen media has lower wear points than larger, single-strand wire; one wire helps preserve the life of the other as it wears.
The combined tensile strength of the two finer-gauge wires withstands up to four times greater impact providing up to 40 percent greater wear life than that of one heavy-gauge wire, making Double-Weave ideal for scalping applications and top screen decks, according to Major Wire Industries Limited.
Double-Weave also weighs less and is more flexible than single heavy-gauge screen media, so it is easier and safer to install, according to the manufacturer. Compared to perforated punch plate, Double-Weave has far more open area, increases throughput up to 50 percent without costly screen deck alterations and costs up to 25 percent less.
From our partners
MORE FROM Articles
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- A quarry worker was found dead in a lake a week after he fell from a floating dredge1029 Views
- Mummified human remains found at the site of a planned quarry in Indiana995 Views
- U.S. District Court agrees to expedite NSSGA's lawsuit against MSHA over POV rule378 Views
- Senate DRIVE Act is a six-year transportation bill with three-year Highway Trust Fund financing guarantee297 Views
- Dolese Bros. open quarry after more than $20 million in upgrades215 Views