Major Wire Industries: Double-Weave woven wire
Double-Weave woven wire from Montreal-based Major Wire Industries Limited is constructed of two, side-by-side, lighter-gauge wires to outperform heavy-gauge, single-strand woven wire and perforated punch plate in high-impact applications.
Impact from large aggregate material can cause screen breakage with even the heaviest single wire gauges. Woven with two smaller-diameter wires, Double-Weave screen media has lower wear points than larger, single-strand wire; one wire helps preserve the life of the other as it wears.
The combined tensile strength of the two finer-gauge wires withstands up to four times greater impact providing up to 40 percent greater wear life than that of one heavy-gauge wire, making Double-Weave ideal for scalping applications and top screen decks, according to Major Wire Industries Limited.
Double-Weave also weighs less and is more flexible than single heavy-gauge screen media, so it is easier and safer to install, according to the manufacturer. Compared to perforated punch plate, Double-Weave has far more open area, increases throughput up to 50 percent without costly screen deck alterations and costs up to 25 percent less.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction launches the newly developed CH540 cone crusher - the latest…
MORE FROM Articles
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Sand portrait highlights aggregate industry's sustainability542 Views
- Owner of rock quarry defends himself against park357 Views
- Video: Behind the scenes with Lego Technic's wheel loader R&D288 Views
- Caterpillar leadership sees changes, heads of mining and dealer support announce retirement 273 Views
- Founder of Florida Crushed Stone dies185 Views