Make August “Meet & Greet” month
The National Stone, Sand & Gravel Association (NSSGA) would like for aggregates operations to consider hosting a “Meet & Greet” with their member of Congress during the Congressional recess in August. With the current highway bill, climate change, health care, and card check legislation on the table, the voices of aggregates operations need to be heard, and a personal meeting and tour of an operation can leave an unforgetable impression.
The NSSGA has created an online toolkit containing everything necessary to get started, including a draft invitation letter, ideas for the event, and ethics guidelines.
The association would like to be notified of any meet and greets that take place so it can keep track of the contacts made in order to plan follow-ups or initiate meetings with those members of Congress who have not been contacted.
NSSGA’s Legislative Action Center can help you get a head start on setting up an event date and time by providing information about your Congressional official — photographs, brief bios, contact information, and a list of their committee assignments and staff. Contact NSSGA’s Jim Riley at 800-342-1415 with any questions.
From our partners
Developing a solid relationship with Demolition Technologies Specialized Services enables Crushing Tigers and Sandvik Construction to impact the demolition and…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- The nation’s top 25 crushed stone producers564 Views
- A set of dinosaur footprints were found in a German quarry506 Views
- A Game of Stones: Quarry set location of 'The Wall' in HBO show could become a permanent attraction461 Views
- Summit Materials acquires Utah construction materials company318 Views
- A miner was seriously injured after a metal walkway gave way270 Views