Make August “Meet & Greet” month
The National Stone, Sand & Gravel Association (NSSGA) would like for aggregates operations to consider hosting a ”Meet & Greet” with their member of Congress during the Congressional recess in August. With the current highway bill, climate change, health care, and card check legislation on the table, the voices of aggregates operations need to be heard, and a personal meeting and tour of an operation can leave an unforgetable impression.
The NSSGA has created an online toolkit containing everything necessary to get started, including a draft invitation letter, ideas for the event, and ethics guidelines.
The association would like to be notified of any meet and greets that take place so it can keep track of the contacts made in order to plan follow-ups or initiate meetings with those members of Congress who have not been contacted.
NSSGA’s Legislative Action Center can help you get a head start on setting up an event date and time by providing information about your Congressional official — photographs, brief bios, contact information, and a list of their committee assignments and staff. Contact NSSGA’s Jim Riley at 800-342-1415 with any questions.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Vulcan shareholders reject board changes at annual meeting954 Views
- Excavators uncover ancient quarry in Jerusalem921 Views
- Former gravel quarry-turned-landfill transforms into nature reserve480 Views
- Americans consume 3 million pounds of minerals in a lifetime235 Views
- Diesel fuel price report: May 13, 2013185 Views