Man proposes to girlfriend in England quarry
A man recently proposed to his girlfriend at a quarry in Cheltenham, England, according to a report from the Daily Mail.
Oliver Wright, 31, took his girlfriend, 30-year-old Kelly Aldridge, to the quarry, where he had spelled out “Kelly will you marry me?” using stones.
The quarry, located in Leckhampton Hill, is a location where the couple often go walking together, the report notes.
The two were at the top of a hill when Aldridge saw the proposal.
“I looked at him, then looked down the cliff and that’s when I saw it. I just froze, I couldn’t believe it,” Aldridge said. “Then I said ‘yes, yes, yes’ and he went down on one knee and got the ring out.”
Wright told the Daily Mail that he spent five hours arranging the stones the week before the proposal.
“I went up to arrange the rocks the week before. It took me about five hours but I wanted to get it just right,” Wright said. “Then every day during the week I went to check on them to make sure they were still there.”
Aldridge said the proposal is a moment she won’t forget.
“Walkers at the top of the hill shouted down their congratulations to us. It was a really special moment and one I will remember for the rest of my life.”
From our partners
Developing a solid relationship with Demolition Technologies Specialized Services enables Crushing Tigers and Sandvik Construction to impact the demolition and…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- A set of dinosaur footprints were found in a German quarry641 Views
- The U.S. saw an increase in construction aggregates in the second quarter426 Views
- Summit Materials acquires Utah construction materials company391 Views
- MSHA issues 87 citations at six metal/nonmetal mines during July impact inspections270 Views
- Quarry Quest is returning to Michels Materials Quarry in Wisconsin for a 17th year (VIDEO)251 Views