Man proposes to girlfriend in England quarry
A man recently proposed to his girlfriend at a quarry in Cheltenham, England, according to a report from the Daily Mail.
Oliver Wright, 31, took his girlfriend, 30-year-old Kelly Aldridge, to the quarry, where he had spelled out “Kelly will you marry me?” using stones.
The quarry, located in Leckhampton Hill, is a location where the couple often go walking together, the report notes.
The two were at the top of a hill when Aldridge saw the proposal.
“I looked at him, then looked down the cliff and that’s when I saw it. I just froze, I couldn’t believe it,” Aldridge said. “Then I said ‘yes, yes, yes’ and he went down on one knee and got the ring out.”
Wright told the Daily Mail that he spent five hours arranging the stones the week before the proposal.
“I went up to arrange the rocks the week before. It took me about five hours but I wanted to get it just right,” Wright said. “Then every day during the week I went to check on them to make sure they were still there.”
Aldridge said the proposal is a moment she won’t forget.
“Walkers at the top of the hill shouted down their congratulations to us. It was a really special moment and one I will remember for the rest of my life.”
From our partners
Sandvik Construction launches the newly developed CH540 cone crusher - the latest…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- VIDEO: Caterpillar builds world’s tallest sand castle, then destroys it 897 Views
- Sand saves a construction worker's life491 Views
- Last second Christmas gift ideas for construction workers287 Views
- Congress passes $1.1 trillion spending bill; cuts billions from federal construction accounts167 Views
- Get operations off to a good start with sound mine planning154 Views