Man proposes to girlfriend in England quarry
A man recently proposed to his girlfriend at a quarry in Cheltenham, England, according to a report from the Daily Mail.
Oliver Wright, 31, took his girlfriend, 30-year-old Kelly Aldridge, to the quarry, where he had spelled out “Kelly will you marry me?” using stones.
The quarry, located in Leckhampton Hill, is a location where the couple often go walking together, the report notes.
The two were at the top of a hill when Aldridge saw the proposal.
“I looked at him, then looked down the cliff and that’s when I saw it. I just froze, I couldn’t believe it,” Aldridge said. “Then I said ‘yes, yes, yes’ and he went down on one knee and got the ring out.”
Wright told the Daily Mail that he spent five hours arranging the stones the week before the proposal.
“I went up to arrange the rocks the week before. It took me about five hours but I wanted to get it just right,” Wright said. “Then every day during the week I went to check on them to make sure they were still there.”
Aldridge said the proposal is a moment she won’t forget.
“Walkers at the top of the hill shouted down their congratulations to us. It was a really special moment and one I will remember for the rest of my life.”
From our partners
The new Sandvik Ranger surface drill rig offers renowned drilling efficiency with up to 20% lower fuel consumption
Known to many by their former name, Ranger, Sandvik’s DX series surface top hammer drill rigs all feature a revolving…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Mummified human remains found at the site of a planned quarry in Indiana1164 Views
- MSHA rolls out new Part 50 training program593 Views
- Caterpillar splits with Navistar, will design and build its own vocational trucks in Texas377 Views
- MSHA highlights second quarter metal/non-metal accidents289 Views
- A quarry worker was found dead in a lake a week after he fell from a floating dredge278 Views