Man uses front-end loader in attempted ATM robbery in Indiana
A stolen truck and front-end loader were used in an attempted ATM robbery early Saturday morning in Newburgh, Indiana, WFIE 14 News reported.
Police told the news channel that the equipment, which had been stolen from Mulzer Crushed Stone, was taken to Newburgh National Bank on IN-622, where someone used the loader to try to steal the ATM around 2:45 a.m. The loader pushed the ATM face-down, preventing the person from accessing any money in the ATM.
Though no money was taken, the ATM is destroyed.
Police found the loader still at the bank, and later found the truck near an apartment complex in Evansville, about 11 miles from Newburgh.
The surveillance video showed a white male, possibly between 20 and 30 years old and less than 200 pounds.
Police have no suspects yet.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction launches the newly developed CH540 cone crusher - the latest…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- VIDEO: Caterpillar builds world’s tallest sand castle, then destroys it 880 Views
- Sand saves a construction worker's life459 Views
- Last second Christmas gift ideas for construction workers205 Views
- Martin Marietta gives thousands to charity during the holidays188 Views
- Congress passes $1.1 trillion spending bill; cuts billions from federal construction accounts162 Views