March 2009 – AggBeat
Vulcan Materials Co., Western Division, received national recognition for environmental excellence and stewardship by the National Stone, Sand and Gravel Association. The awards program recognizes aggregates operations throughout the United States and Canada for extraordinary commitment to safety, for superior performance as environmental stewards, and for community involvement and support activities.
The National Ready Mixed Concrete Association (NRMCA) named Winfred “David” Brooks of Titan Virginia Ready Mix LLC as the 13th Annual NRMCA Mixer Truck Driver of the Year. Brooks was honored for his career achievements, safety record (accident free for 45 years), professionalism, driving competency, and customer service skills.
Knife River Corp. employees recently marked 10 years of safety performance improvements, reaching overall recordable incident rates and lost-time accident rates below the construction industry average, the company reported in a press release. Its 2008 recordable-incident rate was 2.74, down 17 percent from 2007 and 52 percent lower than the national industry average; its lost-time accident rate was 0.60, 6 percent lower than 2007 and 72 percent below the industry average.
MORE FROM AggBeat
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Former gravel quarry-turned-landfill transforms into nature reserve517 Views
- North Carolina grants Martin Marietta water quality certification for limestone quarry256 Views
- Vulcan-blocking bill dies in Alabama legislature251 Views
- Road restrictions may stop quarry construction in Kentucky214 Views
- Two suspects charged with arson in Jack’s Mountain Quarry case in Virginia128 Views