Martin Marietta and Vulcan talking?
According to a report in the Dec. 3 edition of the Wall Street Journal, Martin Marietta Materials Inc. is making another attempt to buy Vulcan Materials Co.
Citing sources close to the decision, the WSJ reports that this offer — unlike Martin Marietta’s takeover effort last year — is likely to be a friendly offer. Vulcan rejected the first offer, a two-for-one stock swap, saying it undervalued the company. WSJ notes that Martin Marietta hasn’t yet approached Vulcan, abut remains interested in the deal.
Neither company opted to comment on the article.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Southwest Rock Products' Queen Creek plant wins Top Operations contest389 Views
- Metal and nonmetal mines get a total of 61 citations during August MSHA inspections373 Views
- Hanson Building Products acquires Minnesota concrete company333 Views
- Frac sand 101: What does it take to enter the high-value frac sand market and what does it mean for aggregate producers?317 Views
- Tips for meeting MSHA's tougher criteria for workplace examinations308 Views