Martin Marietta and Vulcan talking?
According to a report in the Dec. 3 edition of the Wall Street Journal, Martin Marietta Materials Inc. is making another attempt to buy Vulcan Materials Co.
Citing sources close to the decision, the WSJ reports that this offer — unlike Martin Marietta’s takeover effort last year — is likely to be a friendly offer. Vulcan rejected the first offer, a two-for-one stock swap, saying it undervalued the company. WSJ notes that Martin Marietta hasn’t yet approached Vulcan, abut remains interested in the deal.
Neither company opted to comment on the article.
From our partners
The new Sandvik Ranger surface drill rig offers renowned drilling efficiency with up to 20% lower fuel consumption
Known to many by their former name, Ranger, Sandvik’s DX series surface…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS: Caterpillar unveils new 3-tower HQ campus spanning 6 city blocks in Peoria (VIDEO)1642 Views
- Hamm, Inc. receives reclamation award354 Views
- Quarry worker safety is a big deal in the U.S., but not everywhere in the world235 Views
- Opportunities for worker recruitment and retention188 Views
- Caterpillar “Built For It” Trials video: Cat generator powers Lantern Festival in China’s Yuhu Village144 Views