Martin Marietta and Vulcan talking?
According to a report in the Dec. 3 edition of the Wall Street Journal, Martin Marietta Materials Inc. is making another attempt to buy Vulcan Materials Co.
Citing sources close to the decision, the WSJ reports that this offer — unlike Martin Marietta’s takeover effort last year — is likely to be a friendly offer. Vulcan rejected the first offer, a two-for-one stock swap, saying it undervalued the company. WSJ notes that Martin Marietta hasn’t yet approached Vulcan, abut remains interested in the deal.
Neither company opted to comment on the article.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
Manufacturer news: McLanahan hosts first Frac Sand Processing School in Wisconsin; The Volvo Group sponsors Ocean Summit on Marine Debris; CEMA publishes 7th Edition Belt Conveyors for Bulk Materials; Superior Industries acquires Clemro Western Ltd.; Metso launches new global website; Xylem launches new online interactive dewatering platform; Eriez offers 5-Star Service Program; JCB Finance enters partnership with Bank of the West
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Lower oil prices send mixed signals to frac sand producers294 Views
- Legislation stopping proposed Waters of the U.S. rule passes Transportation and Infrastructure committee with bipartisan support178 Views
- Bipartisan highway bill would tie federal gas tax to inflation, create transportation commission177 Views
- Lafarge and Holcim announce U.S. asset divestments required by Federal Trade Commission for merger144 Views
- Eagle Scout project rebuilds DeSoto State Park hiking trail from stone found in old quarry at park142 Views