Martin Marietta and Vulcan talking?
According to a report in the Dec. 3 edition of the Wall Street Journal, Martin Marietta Materials Inc. is making another attempt to buy Vulcan Materials Co.
Citing sources close to the decision, the WSJ reports that this offer — unlike Martin Marietta’s takeover effort last year — is likely to be a friendly offer. Vulcan rejected the first offer, a two-for-one stock swap, saying it undervalued the company. WSJ notes that Martin Marietta hasn’t yet approached Vulcan, abut remains interested in the deal.
Neither company opted to comment on the article.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction launches the newly developed CH540 cone crusher - the latest crusher in a market-leading series. The all new…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- House of Representatives passes bill blocking EPA's new Waters of the U.S. rule400 Views
- The Labor Department is auditing MSHA for allegedly failing to collect penalty fines371 Views
- Cat introduces larger sizes of its Tier 4 Final articulated trucks358 Views
- Caterpillar intros 336F L XE hybrid excavator: smart pumps, boom work faster, burn less fuel (PHOTOS)281 Views
- Cat backs up claims of fuel efficiency with a guarantee233 Views