Martin Marietta and Vulcan talking?
According to a report in the Dec. 3 edition of the Wall Street Journal, Martin Marietta Materials Inc. is making another attempt to buy Vulcan Materials Co.
Citing sources close to the decision, the WSJ reports that this offer — unlike Martin Marietta’s takeover effort last year — is likely to be a friendly offer. Vulcan rejected the first offer, a two-for-one stock swap, saying it undervalued the company. WSJ notes that Martin Marietta hasn’t yet approached Vulcan, abut remains interested in the deal.
Neither company opted to comment on the article.
From our partners
The new Sandvik Ranger surface drill rig offers renowned drilling efficiency with up to 20% lower fuel consumption
Known to many by their former name, Ranger, Sandvik’s DX series surface…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- VIDEO: Caterpillar builds world’s tallest sand castle, then destroys it 897 Views
- Sand saves a construction worker's life491 Views
- Last second Christmas gift ideas for construction workers268 Views
- Congress passes $1.1 trillion spending bill; cuts billions from federal construction accounts167 Views
- Get operations off to a good start with sound mine planning157 Views