Martin Marietta could acquire Texas Industries
Martin Marietta is in late-stage talks to acquire the company, according to a report Friday from the New York Times.
This is not the first time Martin Marietta and Texas Industries have considered an acquisition. The two companies discussed a sale last year but never went forward with a transaction. However, talks recently restarted, and the report notes that this could be an all-stock deal.
The Times reports that a deal could be announced early this week, though it is not too soon for the deal to fall apart.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction launches the newly developed CH540 cone crusher - the latest…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS: Rock & Run 2014 was full of fun for everyone638 Views
- Mine expansion leaving MnDOT up a creek without a paddle418 Views
- OSHA cites Nebraska sand and gravel company345 Views
- The Underground World Wide Web: A new use for abandoned mines154 Views
- How to stay safe while working with a small or short-handed crew151 Views