Martin Marietta could acquire Texas Industries
Martin Marietta is in late-stage talks to acquire the company, according to a report Friday from the New York Times.
This is not the first time Martin Marietta and Texas Industries have considered an acquisition. The two companies discussed a sale last year but never went forward with a transaction. However, talks recently restarted, and the report notes that this could be an all-stock deal.
The Times reports that a deal could be announced early this week, though it is not too soon for the deal to fall apart.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction launches the newly developed CH540 cone crusher - the latest crusher in a market-leading series. The all new…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Quarry explosion damages homes and cars and injures one person1060 Views
- Martin Marietta mine among 18 cited during MSHA monthly inspection in April637 Views
- EPA releases final Waters of the U.S. rule, aggregates industry reacts358 Views
- Man dies after nearly 100-foot fall into quarry356 Views
- Vulcan Materials conducts blast for the 'Mayan steps' restoration338 Views