Martin Marietta earns DOJ approval of $2.7 billion Texas Industries acquisition
Martin Marietta President and CEO Ward Nye and Texas Industries Executive Vice President and CFO Anne Lloyd announced the acquisition in January.
The DOJ has approved the $2.7 billion purchase of the cement company, outlining terms that resolve competition issues, the Dallas Business Journal reports.
Terms include a requirement that Martin Marietta sell assets including its North Troy aggregates quarry in Mill Creek, Okla., and two rail yards in Dallas and Frisco, Texas.
A MarketWatch report notes that the two companies will each hold shareholder meetings on Monday. The deal is expected to close shortly after shareholders approve.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Atlanta turning quarry into one of America's largest reservoirs477 Views
- VIDEO: World conference discusses Lafarge-Holcim merger450 Views
- Controversial quarry granted permit by Indiana Department of Natural Resources437 Views
- PHOTOS: Reclamation photo contest entries showcase post-mining opportunities389 Views
- The final Waters of the U.S. rule has been released to the Federal Register362 Views