Martin Marietta earns DOJ approval of $2.7 billion Texas Industries acquisition
Martin Marietta President and CEO Ward Nye and Texas Industries Executive Vice President and CFO Anne Lloyd announced the acquisition in January.
The DOJ has approved the $2.7 billion purchase of the cement company, outlining terms that resolve competition issues, the Dallas Business Journal reports.
Terms include a requirement that Martin Marietta sell assets including its North Troy aggregates quarry in Mill Creek, Okla., and two rail yards in Dallas and Frisco, Texas.
A MarketWatch report notes that the two companies will each hold shareholder meetings on Monday. The deal is expected to close shortly after shareholders approve.
From our partners
The new Sandvik Ranger surface drill rig offers renowned drilling efficiency with up to 20% lower fuel consumption
Known to many by their former name, Ranger, Sandvik’s DX series surface…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Worker airlifted to hospital after accident with rock crusher525 Views
- Cat rolls out its 6020B hydraulic shovel, matches 777G haul trucks363 Views
- Unexpected sand and gravel causes rollover accident343 Views
- Buffalo Crushed Stone cited for pollution172 Views
- Highway Trust Fund: A look at who’s in and who’s out in next Congress149 Views