Martin Marietta earns DOJ approval of $2.7 billion Texas Industries acquisition
Martin Marietta President and CEO Ward Nye and Texas Industries Executive Vice President and CFO Anne Lloyd announced the acquisition in January.
The DOJ has approved the $2.7 billion purchase of the cement company, outlining terms that resolve competition issues, the Dallas Business Journal reports.
Terms include a requirement that Martin Marietta sell assets including its North Troy aggregates quarry in Mill Creek, Okla., and two rail yards in Dallas and Frisco, Texas.
A MarketWatch report notes that the two companies will each hold shareholder meetings on Monday. The deal is expected to close shortly after shareholders approve.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- MSHA's top 25 most cited standards at stone facilities in 20151074 Views
- MSHA issues 95 citations to seven mines during December inspections1031 Views
- Obama proposes $10-per-barrel tax on oil production733 Views
- MSHA's top 25 most cited standards at sand and gravel facilities in 2015673 Views
- Rock and Bowl: Graniterock helps make the Super Bowl a success545 Views