Martin Marietta earns DOJ approval of $2.7 billion Texas Industries acquisition
Martin Marietta President and CEO Ward Nye and Texas Industries Executive Vice President and CFO Anne Lloyd announced the acquisition in January.
The DOJ has approved the $2.7 billion purchase of the cement company, outlining terms that resolve competition issues, the Dallas Business Journal reports.
Terms include a requirement that Martin Marietta sell assets including its North Troy aggregates quarry in Mill Creek, Okla., and two rail yards in Dallas and Frisco, Texas.
A MarketWatch report notes that the two companies will each hold shareholder meetings on Monday. The deal is expected to close shortly after shareholders approve.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction’s extensive range of rock tools are world renowned for combining…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- MSHA issues citations to five metal/non-metal mines during impact inspections in February374 Views
- California woman killed when gravel truck tips over on her car184 Views
- Northern White Sand considers building a rail unloading facility in Carlsbad162 Views
- Senate rejects amendment seeking to fund infrastructure by closing corporate tax loophole134 Views
- DRIVE Act aims to support Highway Trust Fund by limiting spending to roads and bridges126 Views