Martin Marietta earns DOJ approval of $2.7 billion Texas Industries acquisition
Martin Marietta President and CEO Ward Nye and Texas Industries Executive Vice President and CFO Anne Lloyd announced the acquisition in January.
The DOJ has approved the $2.7 billion purchase of the cement company, outlining terms that resolve competition issues, the Dallas Business Journal reports.
Terms include a requirement that Martin Marietta sell assets including its North Troy aggregates quarry in Mill Creek, Okla., and two rail yards in Dallas and Frisco, Texas.
A MarketWatch report notes that the two companies will each hold shareholder meetings on Monday. The deal is expected to close shortly after shareholders approve.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Man hit by front-end loader dies in quarry accident1287 Views
- PHOTOS: Rare prehistoric mammoth found at sand and gravel pit1044 Views
- What should be done with this big pile of sand?696 Views
- Watch this: Dredging at Teichert's Hallwood Plant533 Views
- North America sand market to see big growth494 Views