Martin Marietta Materials elects President and CEO Ward Nye as chairman of the Board
Ward Nye, president and CEO of Martin Marietta Materials, will take over as chairman of the company’s Board of Directors next month.
Current chairman Stephen P. Zelnak, Jr. will retire from his role on May 22, 2014, following the company’s Annual Shareholders Meeting. He will continue to serve on the board as a director.
Nye will begin his role as chairman when Zelnak steps down.
Nye has held his position as president of the company since 2006 and became CEO in 2010.
“”It is a distinct honor to be elected Chairman and to succeed Steve. Martin Marietta’s strength today is a testament to his vision and leadership,” Nye said in a written statement. “I look forward to continuing to work closely with the Board, our outstanding management team and our dedicated employees.”
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- MSHA's top 25 most cited standards at stone facilities in 20151103 Views
- Obama proposes $10-per-barrel tax on oil production756 Views
- Rock and Bowl: Graniterock helps make the Super Bowl a success607 Views
- Obama says now is time to raise gas tax with oil prices plummeting433 Views
- Stockpile Reports launches bin and bunker measurement for stockpiled materials via iPhone, drone425 Views