Martin Marietta Materials elects President and CEO Ward Nye as chairman of the Board
Ward Nye, president and CEO of Martin Marietta Materials, will take over as chairman of the company’s Board of Directors next month.
Current chairman Stephen P. Zelnak, Jr. will retire from his role on May 22, 2014, following the company’s Annual Shareholders Meeting. He will continue to serve on the board as a director.
Nye will begin his role as chairman when Zelnak steps down.
Nye has held his position as president of the company since 2006 and became CEO in 2010.
“”It is a distinct honor to be elected Chairman and to succeed Steve. Martin Marietta’s strength today is a testament to his vision and leadership,” Nye said in a written statement. “I look forward to continuing to work closely with the Board, our outstanding management team and our dedicated employees.”
From our partners
The new Sandvik Ranger surface drill rig offers renowned drilling efficiency with up to 20% lower fuel consumption
Known to many by their former name, Ranger, Sandvik’s DX series surface top hammer drill rigs all feature a revolving…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Atlanta turning quarry into one of America's largest reservoirs479 Views
- VIDEO: World conference discusses Lafarge-Holcim merger424 Views
- Controversial quarry granted permit by Indiana Department of Natural Resources424 Views
- PHOTOS: Reclamation photo contest entries showcase post-mining opportunities339 Views
- The final Waters of the U.S. rule has been released to the Federal Register311 Views