Martin Marietta Materials elects President and CEO Ward Nye as chairman of the Board
Ward Nye, president and CEO of Martin Marietta Materials, will take over as chairman of the company’s Board of Directors next month.
Current chairman Stephen P. Zelnak, Jr. will retire from his role on May 22, 2014, following the company’s Annual Shareholders Meeting. He will continue to serve on the board as a director.
Nye will begin his role as chairman when Zelnak steps down.
Nye has held his position as president of the company since 2006 and became CEO in 2010.
“”It is a distinct honor to be elected Chairman and to succeed Steve. Martin Marietta’s strength today is a testament to his vision and leadership,” Nye said in a written statement. “I look forward to continuing to work closely with the Board, our outstanding management team and our dedicated employees.”
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Don't drink and drive...that includes your wheel loader!216 Views
- Update: MnDOT makes decision in mine expansion210 Views
- Eliminate the fat and increase profits through lean processing189 Views
- Buffalo Crushed Stone cited for pollution179 Views
- Highway Trust Fund: A look at who’s in and who’s out in next Congress153 Views