Martin Marietta obtains water withdrawal permit for North Carolina operation
The permit will allow Martin Marietta to remove up to 12 million gallons of groundwater each day for its operation in Beaufort County, North Carolina.
NCDENR noted that the company will have to monitor water withdrawals daily and monitor water levels monthly, as well as annually measure and model the area from which it takes the water.
According to NCDENR, Martin Marietta still needs “to obtain a consistency determination from the state Division of Coastal Management and modify its mining permit from the state Division of Energy, Mineral and Land Resources to reflect its capacity use and discharge permits” before it can begin mining.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Mike Rowe talks about the dirty topic of educating future workers428 Views
- McLanahan Rolls Out Four Key Products226 Views
- Rod Martin receives AggMan of the Year 2013 Award198 Views
- MSHA Assistant Secretary of Labor Main updates NSSGA on recent agency actions194 Views
- NSSGA debuts its new strategic plan172 Views