Martin Marietta obtains water withdrawal permit for North Carolina operation
The permit will allow Martin Marietta to remove up to 12 million gallons of groundwater each day for its operation in Beaufort County, North Carolina.
NCDENR noted that the company will have to monitor water withdrawals daily and monitor water levels monthly, as well as annually measure and model the area from which it takes the water.
According to NCDENR, Martin Marietta still needs “to obtain a consistency determination from the state Division of Coastal Management and modify its mining permit from the state Division of Energy, Mineral and Land Resources to reflect its capacity use and discharge permits” before it can begin mining.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- VIDEO: Caterpillar builds world’s tallest sand castle, then destroys it 878 Views
- Sand saves a construction worker's life480 Views
- Last second Christmas gift ideas for construction workers243 Views
- Martin Marietta gives thousands to charity during the holidays188 Views
- Congress passes $1.1 trillion spending bill; cuts billions from federal construction accounts165 Views