Martin Marietta obtains water withdrawal permit for North Carolina operation
The permit will allow Martin Marietta to remove up to 12 million gallons of groundwater each day for its operation in Beaufort County, North Carolina.
NCDENR noted that the company will have to monitor water withdrawals daily and monitor water levels monthly, as well as annually measure and model the area from which it takes the water.
According to NCDENR, Martin Marietta still needs “to obtain a consistency determination from the state Division of Coastal Management and modify its mining permit from the state Division of Energy, Mineral and Land Resources to reflect its capacity use and discharge permits” before it can begin mining.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- MSHA's top 25 most cited standards at sand and gravel facilities in 20151616 Views
- MSHA's top 25 most cited standards at stone facilities in 20151059 Views
- MSHA issues 95 citations to seven mines during December inspections1023 Views
- Obama proposes $10-per-barrel tax on oil production722 Views
- Rock and Bowl: Granite Rock helps make the Super Bowl a success456 Views