Martin Marietta obtains water withdrawal permit for North Carolina operation
The permit will allow Martin Marietta to remove up to 12 million gallons of groundwater each day for its operation in Beaufort County, North Carolina.
NCDENR noted that the company will have to monitor water withdrawals daily and monitor water levels monthly, as well as annually measure and model the area from which it takes the water.
According to NCDENR, Martin Marietta still needs “to obtain a consistency determination from the state Division of Coastal Management and modify its mining permit from the state Division of Energy, Mineral and Land Resources to reflect its capacity use and discharge permits” before it can begin mining.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction launches the newly developed CH540 cone crusher - the latest crusher in a market-leading series. The all new…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- The U.S. saw an increase in construction aggregates in the second quarter436 Views
- Rogers Group's Pottsville Quarry reaches for the stars316 Views
- Quarry Quest is returning to Michels Materials Quarry in Wisconsin for a 17th year (VIDEO)270 Views
- Caterpillar to lay off another 475 employees267 Views
- A set of dinosaur footprints were found in a German quarry200 Views