Martin Marietta Q2 net sales rise 4 percent, net earnings up 12 percent
Martin Marietta Materials, Inc. announced last week that the company’s net sales rose 4 percent in the second quarter of the year, which ended on June 30, while its net earnings were up 12 percent in the same three-month period.
Ward Nye, president and CEO of Martin Marietta Materials, said the increase in net earnings was “particularly rewarding” because of high amounts of rainfall during the second quarter.
Martin Marietta earned $41.3 million ($0.89 per share) in the second quarter of 2013, compared to $36.8 million ($0.80 per share) in the second quarter of 2012.
The company’s revenues were up from $545.7 million a year ago to $562.7 in June.
Martin Marietta hosted a webcast of its second quarter 2013 earnings conference last week. Click here for a replay of the broadcast.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Obama proposes $10-per-barrel tax on oil production753 Views
- Rock and Bowl: Graniterock helps make the Super Bowl a success620 Views
- Obama says now is time to raise gas tax with oil prices plummeting437 Views
- Aggregates industry leader Bob Bartlett dies431 Views
- MSHA's top 25 most cited standards at sand and gravel facilities in 2015334 Views