Martin Marietta Q2 net sales rise 4 percent, net earnings up 12 percent
Martin Marietta Materials, Inc. announced last week that the company’s net sales rose 4 percent in the second quarter of the year, which ended on June 30, while its net earnings were up 12 percent in the same three-month period.
Ward Nye, president and CEO of Martin Marietta Materials, said the increase in net earnings was “particularly rewarding” because of high amounts of rainfall during the second quarter.
Martin Marietta earned $41.3 million ($0.89 per share) in the second quarter of 2013, compared to $36.8 million ($0.80 per share) in the second quarter of 2012.
The company’s revenues were up from $545.7 million a year ago to $562.7 in June.
Martin Marietta hosted a webcast of its second quarter 2013 earnings conference last week. Click here for a replay of the broadcast.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Sales manager killed at sand and gravel plant1070 Views
- Sand and gravel mine cited for 8th time528 Views
- Two teens dead after falling through ice at quarry479 Views
- Responses to Obama's State of the Union address220 Views
- Obama wants 'bipartisan infrastructure plan,' no mention of gas tax hike211 Views