Martin Marietta Q2 net sales rise 4 percent, net earnings up 12 percent
Martin Marietta Materials, Inc. announced last week that the company’s net sales rose 4 percent in the second quarter of the year, which ended on June 30, while its net earnings were up 12 percent in the same three-month period.
Ward Nye, president and CEO of Martin Marietta Materials, said the increase in net earnings was “particularly rewarding” because of high amounts of rainfall during the second quarter.
Martin Marietta earned $41.3 million ($0.89 per share) in the second quarter of 2013, compared to $36.8 million ($0.80 per share) in the second quarter of 2012.
The company’s revenues were up from $545.7 million a year ago to $562.7 in June.
Martin Marietta hosted a webcast of its second quarter 2013 earnings conference last week. Click here for a replay of the broadcast.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction’s extensive range of rock tools are world renowned for combining advanced materials technology, with skillful design focusing on…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Controversial quarry granted permit by Indiana Department of Natural Resources445 Views
- PHOTOS: Reclamation photo contest entries showcase post-mining opportunities410 Views
- VIDEO: World conference discusses Lafarge-Holcim merger406 Views
- Loader operator dies after sand avalanche at Massachusetts sand and gravel company386 Views
- The final Waters of the U.S. rule has been released to the Federal Register370 Views