Martin Marietta Q2 net sales rise 4 percent, net earnings up 12 percent
Martin Marietta Materials, Inc. announced last week that the company’s net sales rose 4 percent in the second quarter of the year, which ended on June 30, while its net earnings were up 12 percent in the same three-month period.
Ward Nye, president and CEO of Martin Marietta Materials, said the increase in net earnings was “particularly rewarding” because of high amounts of rainfall during the second quarter.
Martin Marietta earned $41.3 million ($0.89 per share) in the second quarter of 2013, compared to $36.8 million ($0.80 per share) in the second quarter of 2012.
The company’s revenues were up from $545.7 million a year ago to $562.7 in June.
Martin Marietta hosted a webcast of its second quarter 2013 earnings conference last week. Click here for a replay of the broadcast.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
Manufacturer news: McLanahan hosts first Frac Sand Processing School in Wisconsin; The Volvo Group sponsors Ocean Summit on Marine Debris; CEMA publishes 7th Edition Belt Conveyors for Bulk Materials; Superior Industries acquires Clemro Western Ltd.; Metso launches new global website; Xylem launches new online interactive dewatering platform; Eriez offers 5-Star Service Program; JCB Finance enters partnership with Bank of the West
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Legislation stopping proposed Waters of the U.S. rule passes Transportation and Infrastructure committee with bipartisan support179 Views
- Bipartisan highway bill would tie federal gas tax to inflation, create transportation commission177 Views
- Eagle Scout project rebuilds DeSoto State Park hiking trail from stone found in old quarry at park161 Views
- Lafarge and Holcim announce U.S. asset divestments required by Federal Trade Commission for merger148 Views
- NSSGA wants everyone to ask their representative to co-sponsor the Regulatory Integrity Protection Act (H.R. 1732) to stop proposed Waters of the U.S. rule126 Views