Martin Marietta Q2 net sales rise 4 percent, net earnings up 12 percent
Martin Marietta Materials, Inc. announced last week that the company’s net sales rose 4 percent in the second quarter of the year, which ended on June 30, while its net earnings were up 12 percent in the same three-month period.
Ward Nye, president and CEO of Martin Marietta Materials, said the increase in net earnings was “particularly rewarding” because of high amounts of rainfall during the second quarter.
Martin Marietta earned $41.3 million ($0.89 per share) in the second quarter of 2013, compared to $36.8 million ($0.80 per share) in the second quarter of 2012.
The company’s revenues were up from $545.7 million a year ago to $562.7 in June.
Martin Marietta hosted a webcast of its second quarter 2013 earnings conference last week. Click here for a replay of the broadcast.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction launches the newly developed CH540 cone crusher - the latest…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- VIDEO: Caterpillar builds world’s tallest sand castle, then destroys it 897 Views
- Sand saves a construction worker's life491 Views
- Last second Christmas gift ideas for construction workers287 Views
- Congress passes $1.1 trillion spending bill; cuts billions from federal construction accounts167 Views
- Get operations off to a good start with sound mine planning154 Views